Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zaphyrr

Reaction score
So I was meant to pick up my new Stimson hatchling at Bathurst airport this morning, but lo and behold, I am told he hasn't arrived. I then ring the Sydney AAE office who tell me he definately left on the first flight to Bathurst this morning. I then try to phone the airport to ask them to "please check again" but no one answers the phone. So I then proceed to travel back out to the airport and there is not a soul in the whole terminal! I found a very sympathetic lady in the ward air kiosk who told me that I would probably have to wait until the next flight is due in which is at 4:35pm (I start work at 3).

I find this disgusting. I have no idea where my animal is and I'm starting to really worry about him - we're not exactly having warm weather! Apparently there is noone who can help me in the meantime and the snake and I will just have to wait until they are good and ready.

Once I find out where he is I intend to give the person who messed up one hell of a serve!

Im finding services by other even non related services getting poor these days.

But in your case i really hope that snake is going be to be found asap and someone will contact you.

There really should be an out of hours contact number for whoever manages the AAE stuff at Bathurst, I'm surprised the Syd end wouldn't be able to follow that up for you.

Thanks Tit4n, I hope so too!

I have rang Sydney AAE twice now (same guy), who has said that it definately left at 8:40 this morning. I'm currently on hold on the AAE line to try someone else who might be able to put me in touch with someone in Bathurst. Fingers crossed this time!

Thanks Tit4n, I hope so too!

I have rang Sydney AAE twice now (same guy), who has said that it definately left at 8:40 this morning. I'm currently on hold on the AAE line to try someone else who might be able to put me in touch with someone in Bathurst. Fingers crossed this time!

They dont have numbers that you can track them with ?

They dont have numbers that you can track them with ?

They do, but all it says on the website is "picked up from sender" and "in transit".
I then phoned to double check (with my consignment number ready). All she told me was exactly the same as the website, and to try "this number" which put me through to the depot in Sydney. No one really seems to know :(

Last edited:
Far out that's discussing how can they loose a animal all the best hope you find it

Cheers Brenton

I am so angry to read what you are going through.
This is horrible and I hope you get your new snake asap.
Be sure to blast those that stuffed up!

Hmmm AAE. They dropped our snake off the cart on the way to the plane. He was left on a road side for 3 hours in Melbourne. It was recorded as one of their coldest days in 50 years and no one bothered to notify us.

There was no apology to us, no explaination of how this could happen. No offer to cover vet fees (as that is where we raced him after he arrived 6 hours later).

AAE are getting very lax in there operations lately.

I hope you find out whats going on very soon!! Thats crazy!!!!

Hmmm AAE. They dropped our snake off the cart on the way to the plane. He was left on a road side for 3 hours in Melbourne. It was recorded as one of their coldest days in 50 years and no one bothered to notify us.

There was no apology to us, no explaination of how this could happen. No offer to cover vet fees (as that is where we raced him after he arrived 6 hours later).

AAE are getting very lax in there operations lately.

Oh my GOD!!! I cant get over this!! Im so sorry you had to go through this! Not cool!!

I would kick upa super fuss man :) Make them pay for the screw up so free postage :) hopefully the little fella is okay!

That's unbelievable! Must be horrible for you to not know where your snake is. Defiantly once you find out who stuffed up give them an earful. I'd be even tempted to write a letter/email to the company since its potentially putting the health of the snake at risk.

Tomorrow I'll ring a company and see if they can do better. This is getting out of hand. I worked for them as a sole operator. They even ripped the drivers off.

Thanks everyone, I will definately be complaining. Big time.

Nezikah - thats horrible! I hope the little guy turned out to be ok!

Well, I went to the airport again at 4:30 when the plane landed which was a half hour round trip on my 20 minute break :?
Still no snake. I was told that even though he was scheduled to catch the 8:40am plane this morning if they had other animals to go on (they had a cat this afternoon) he probably got shunted down the line in priority and that he MIGHT be on the 8:30pm flight, though no guarantee and that they will ring me if he turns up. This makes me really angry. At least a cat is capable of regulating its own body temperature. Not to mention that if he does turn up I have no idea yet how I will get out of work as I'm running my workplace on my own tonight.

I was told that even though AAE in Sydney are sure the snake left this morning, that it may not be the case and that he may have been taken off the plane if a "higher priority" came along once he was set to go. I don't know who to believe or who to blame at the moment, but I am sure as hell going to find out in the morning. As a living animal, I would expect my snake to get priority over the other cargo that was waiting for pick-up, which included a box of "free sample" for a HOUSE store.

AlL I can say is WOW! And I really hope you get some news asap. I had a panic attack today when a buyer sms me to say the python I had sent, due to arrive at 1320, missed the connecting flight and would arrive after 1600. In my case it did and buyer has the python, but I was so worried. Cannot imagine what you are going through.

To be honest I'm hardly even angry yet. It's there but I'm so worried that I don't have much room for that yet. I will be livid once I do get my snake, hopefully safe and sound (as he can possibly be).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back