show us your crocs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tjm83

Not so new Member
Reaction score
im very excited to be getting my xmas present on monday, a little fresh water crocodile and would love to see others and their enclosures

heres my freshie named snapz , i have had him for 6 months or so [ he was 3 and half when i got him .
i have a new tank on order for him 6x2x2 [ just waiting on the cabinet maker to make the cabinet] . atm his in a 4x1.8x1.8 with half water and half land . [ his new tank will be all water then a 2nd level for land area .]

Attachments

• such a hard life.jpg
    such a hard life.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 507
  • DSCF0289.JPG
    DSCF0289.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 450
  • DSCF0293.JPG
    DSCF0293.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 462
  • sleeping.jpg
    sleeping.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 443
  • snapz.jpg
    snapz.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 406
What an awesome set up lol That is sooooo cool, presume they require a bit more TLC then a snake or so? Do you guys pick them up when they are young to try and "train" them at all?

its all in the setup , once the water temp and basking spot is right then its pretty easy to care for him . the water temp sits at 28c and basking is around 35c . a decent water filter is a must [ i made my own and its doing better then the one i had brought] , every now and again ill get him out and let him go for a wonder [ mouth valcro`ed shut ] . other then that i let him be - he tells me when his hungry [ will bum rush u or knock on the tank] . mine duznt like pepole he dont know [ will hide for strangers] but comes out and has a look for regular pepole who visit .

is he quite snappy? how do ya go getting him out and cleaning and stuff?? amazing animal..

is he quite snappy? how do ya go getting him out and cleaning and stuff?? amazing animal..
his snappy when hungry [ as per anything thats hungry] . as for geting him out , i manouver him to the corner [ with a peice of dowel] then grab him from the back of the head - keeping away from the pointy end .
heres a short vid of his feeding responce >>>>> DSCF0483.MOV - YouTube

awesome mate thanks for sharing, the lizard and snake pages are endless but croc ones are proving hard to find

heres my freshie named snapz , i have had him for 6 months or so [ he was 3 and half when i got him .
i have a new tank on order for him 6x2x2 [ just waiting on the cabinet maker to make the cabinet] . atm his in a 4x1.8x1.8 with half water and half land . [ his new tank will be all water then a 2nd level for land area .]
so that makes him 4 years? what are the growth rates for these guys? i know it goes off food intake but in general?

citrus: Salties grow quicker than freshies, but salties on average grow around a foot per year for the first 6-8 years, we had one get to 7 foot at 5 years and then our "handlers" were 4 foot at 5 years. Doesn't sound like a lot but a massive difference in general husbandry and safety procedures.

Ranga: they defecate in water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back