Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought so considering the next pic he showed me was a hatching T.rex and said he hoped to cross it with a levis lol

Nice photo's everyone, have been overseas for a few weeks, good to see this thread again :).
Was sitting out in the loungeroom before, looked over at one of my tanks to see the adult male was doing this....

IMG_0050.JPG

He's been there for about 20mins now looking around, but he lost the sand cap some time ago. I've never seen it before, any ideas? Made me laugh anyway.

Hey Dragonlover,
They're actually a legless lizard, great for people whose parents/other halfs don't like snakes....and great because they are just plain cool :)

Hey Dragonlover,
They're actually a legless lizard, great for people whose parents/other halfs don't like snakes....and great because they are just plain cool :)

I'm lucky don't have to worry about other peoples likes/dislikes as I am divorced and my kids have all flown the coop(not that that's a prob as they all love reps).I have 2 adult central & 2 baby black soil beardies ATM but tempted to expand haha

that's cool I thought they were snakes though,only ever saw 1 legless in the bush in blue mountains

Nice photo's everyone, have been overseas for a few weeks, good to see this thread again :).
Was sitting out in the loungeroom before, looked over at one of my tanks to see the adult male was doing this....

View attachment 243901

He's been there for about 20mins now looking around, but he lost the sand cap some time ago. I've never seen it before, any ideas? Made me laugh anyway.

That's so kool n cheeky,...on the to do this yr list,

Provided you do it slowly and deliberately they seem fine with it. Having said that I don't get them out for a play like a snake, just move them around between/within enclosures during cleaning etc.

Can the Scalyfoots be handled without them become stressed and dropping their tails?

You can pick them up by the tails (captives), they're very reluctant to shed their tails, even wild individuals.

Last edited:
It seems this thread has lost some momentum so I thought I'd add some photos to restart it...

I don't think they need identification and they are pretty self-explanatory. I apologise for the horrible, disastrous, utterly disgusting quality of the following images.

DSCF1222.jpg

I would love to see more captive burton's photos if possible, especially of them feeding.

Cheers

Some more:

DSCF1042.jpg

P9220032.jpg

Last edited:
A couple of wild shots, schraderi and a burtons. Bit old now but don't think they are up on here. The gf may have posted them on other forums though, they're her shots.

485779_10150680651649079_1163381958_n.jpg
548266_10150695265109079_1283210032_n.jpg
564823_10150695265364079_100583706_n.jpg

Very nice Rocket!

Anymore pics people? Some set up pics are always good to see too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back