Grrr, ignorant people... debate about gay marriage

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakewoman

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Well... this was fun. I took screen shots of the debate as it has gone so far, it's a bit long but it's worth the read.

The comments written next to the colour black were made by my mother, and the comments written in red were by me. It was us against everyone else... and it may not be over yet!

Gay debate by TahliaH, on Flickr

Gay debate2 by TahliaH, on Flickr

Gay debate3 by TahliaH, on Flickr

Gay debate4 by TahliaH, on Flickr

Gay debate5 by TahliaH, on Flickr

Gay debate6 by TahliaH, on Flickr

Gay debate7 by TahliaH, on Flickr

Gay debate8 by TahliaH, on Flickr

ok i just wrote a big speel about this but decided 2 delete n make a long story short. It does not matter who loves who....as long as there is love. Gay shmay....i wish there was no such word. we are all humans does it really matter who loves who? chin up Tahliah....and b strong ((hugs))

Well, I didn't read it all....too long winded for me....and I think the so called "debate" is something for each individual to decide. There will always be people for it, and always some against it. I'm hetrosexual, very happily married and that's all I care about really....

I'm straight myself, but I have a family member and friends who are gay which is why people's ignorance gets to me. I find it funny that these people can't come up with decent arguments but still expect to be taken seriously.

I never fail to be overwhelmed by the ignorance, no, STUPIDITY of some people.

My 2 best friends in the whole world are gay - not to mention a couple of cousins and my partners brother.

I have seen my cousin grow up, and he has always been "gay". He was too young to ever have made a call on his sexuality back then...

Good on you and your mum, Tahlia, for arguing what I consider to be very logical points. That point where homosexuals are compared to paedophiles is disgusting! I also saw a snippet from a Wagga paper a while back where a guy wrote in and compared homosexuality to beastiality. I can't help but think that if these people would sit down and get to know a gay they might just realise they are real people.

Did you get any reply back to your last post?

Im sorry T lol i 'thought' u were gay! lol that'll teach me 4 assuming. N e ways i seriously meant every word i typed....very sad that people r judged for loving someone with the same genitals! it just doesnt make sense. love is love. ok admin...u can kick me off now lol (check out the collecting thread n u will understand)

Last edited:
Good on you and your mum, Tahlia, for arguing what I consider to be very logical points. That point where homosexuals are compared to paedophiles is disgusting! I also saw a snippet from a Wagga paper a while back where a guy wrote in and compared homosexuality to beastiality. I can't help but think that if these people would sit down and get to know a gay they might just realise they are real people.

Did you get any reply back to your last post?

I've seen many people against gays attempt to compare them to paedophiles, and they do it blindly. It's just an attempt to demonize them, and it's very low. I wonder who the idiot was that compared homosexuality to bestiality? That's very stupid, but I can't say it surprises me, I've come to expect stupidity out of people these days :)

I suggested that one of the people arguing with me speak to somebody who is gay, but he'd likely ignore whatever they said because it doesn't fit with what he wants to believe. Unfortunately this view has nothing to do with facts, just what people prefer to think. I haven't got any reply back yet, it'll be interesting to see if I do. People who know me well know that I don't take this kind of crap, and people who don't know that soon find out. I won't be intimidated by these idiots.

I have a brother who's gay, I had a niece that was and my daughter believes she's bi... though she's married to a man and has 2 children. She says she just happened to fall in love with a man rather than a woman. But all that's beside the point.
I don't think it's right to call people stupid because they don't agree with gay marriage (I hate the word .. gay) or homosexuals. Everyone is entitled to believe what they want, and if one party doesn't agree with another that doesn't make either party stupid, it just means they have differing views and to each they have valid views.

Their arguments about why they think gays shouldn't be allowed to marry and their reasons for believing it's wrong are stupid. They can have their views, but it becomes a problem when their views are pushed on gays. Their beliefs are why gays can't marry, despite the fact that it isn't any of their business. I'm sure they wouldn't like it if they were forced to live according to a view someone else holds that has nothing to do with them.

Last edited:
i wouldn't waste my time with those god lover fanatics on good ol' facebook, they are complete nutters!!!
Its not just gay marriage its everything, they are so close minded its not funny, yet the use the very sinful device to talk down about others......

i wouldn't waste my time with those god lover fanatics on good ol' facebook, they are complete nutters!!!
Its not just gay marriage its everything, they are so close minded its not funny, yet the use the very sinful device to talk down about others......

You may well find that not only believers don't agree with homosexual issues....you can't blame everything on god believers....

They've certainly shown that they can't present an argument without using fallacies or rational thought.

in this context we are only refering to the ones who preach this stuff on facebook, not the redneck hicks......
But yes you have atheist, and muslims who are also dead against homosexuality...
Personally i don't give a stuff what you do aslong as its not in my face!
My uncle and his partner are top blokes, who we have never treated any dfferently.
I'm sure pop was abit iffy when he first found out, but he's alright with it now...
Are you aware of some of the crap these people preach on face book under the name of god???
Its not just christians either

Last edited:
green from screens said:
hehhehee Eternity will be fun.....

Why do they so often seem to revel in someones expected misfortune.
And they expect others to abide by their moral compass...hmm no thanks.

If someone welcomes religion dictating the terms of marriage i wonder how open they would be to polygamy or child brides (more cultural i think) etc etc..

Its time to give up on any thoughtful debate when someone resorts to referencing illiterate goat herders.. to beef up their arguments.. but still funny to watch them :lol: silly noobs.

maher-dogs-marrying.jpg

Hamsters omg

Last edited:
They can have their views, but it becomes a problem when their views are pushed on gays

actually the same could be said for the reversed situation that it becomes a problem when the gay community push their views onto everyone else

those against gay marriages etc are abused, called names, told THEY need to change their views, told THEY need to change their way of thinking, told THEY need to accept it, told THEY need to build a bridge to get over it

can you NOT see the hypocrisy in that? i intend to keep my opinions to myself though i will say i have a wonderful young proud gay man as someone i call my friend who has NEVER once tried to change my views on some things and we respect each other

but i have NO respect for anyone who tries to shove their opinion down my throat be it religion, homosexuality etc and i really resent being told i HAVE to accept certain things

As I've always said, why should hetros be the only ones subjected to a life of misery through the crippling constraints of marriage. If Adam and Steve, or Madam and Eve want to follow this path, let em :)

I've never really understood why people have this burning desire to go through this religious-based ceremony, or are so desperate to have it recognized and accepted by the church anyway. Surely a celebrant wedding would suffice? The only hurdle should be that the certificate is then recognized by Australian law.

can you NOT see the hypocrisy in that?

Not really... im not gay or particularly interested in gay marriage and i cant say ive experienced anything you are complaining about. Where do you encounter these problems ?

Of course you should build a bridge and get over it, things change.
I don't know how old you are but what else has changed that you cant deal with do you have trouble accepting women or aboriginals voting in Australia both of which were fairly recent in the grand scheme of things and represented a significant social change.

I couldn't care less about gay marriage, i just think its worth pointing out how ridiculous the opposition to it is. ... I mean seriously, someone called you names?

I fail to see how any gay person is shoving people's views down anyone's throat. Gay people don't want other people to become gay, they want equality. Religious people or any other opposition don't need to change their opinions, they need to keep their opinions from affecting other people's life and well being. I don't understand why that's so hard?

Might I add though, I never get gay people door knocking with brochures on a "better life" ;):p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back