Easter.....what are your plans for the long weekend.....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grannieannie

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
As Brian and I are retired, one day is much the same to us and long weekends don't mean much, except that there are a zillion tourists in town who we try very hard to avoid.

Our family tradition...Brian's family that is...is that about 20 of us get together on an ocean foreshore park and have a picnic lunch. We only get together with the family twice a year, Christmas and Easter. It's a great way to catch up with family gossip. Though last week I got onto facebook so I've caught up on a few bits and pieces there.

So what do the rest of you do.......

Steve and I go bush to a sweet creek with mates, looking forward to it.
Great chill out place

fingers crossed im heading up to childers to check out the reptile park :D :D
but mostly im going to be stuck doing uni work whilst eating large amounts of chocolate.

Heading down to Alstonville with my 2 boys and staying quiet.

Visiting a few of my fave cold climate elapid spots with a few mates before it goes quiet until next season, that's if I'm not stuck in town doing EB callouts:)!

I'm running away.

Dropping my boy off at the in-laws and heading up to Lightning Ridge all on my lonesome to hang out with all the other nutters.

I will return though, after the long weekend and resume regular activities.

Thought i'd come over and see ya Annie, have a barbie, ;) Haha, Probably just hang out with the relatives, have a chilled day, see if the sister is going herping (As she usually is :) ) eat alot of chocolate aswell :)

300km drive, set up camp, open a beer, sit up to our necks in crystal water (in our deck chairs). See who wins the "world's best camp oven cook off", eat the results, drink more beer, trade tall tales but true, stagger off to bed, wake up, start again......

leaving katoomba and heading south into wilderness... will get back to civilisation in time for the illawarra reptile show a week later i hope

I don't know yet, could be home, could be working in a different state, hopefully I find out in the coming few days :)

Going out with the girls on thursday night, so will spend the friday recovering, then my MIL's 60th bday on sat, easter sunday with the outlaws, then monday will probably be spent in bed...

Im going to skip the chocolate and eat a selection of barbecued marsupials on the friday.. followed by some excessive drinking.

Im going to skip the chocolate and eat a selection of barbecued marsupials on the friday.. followed by some excessive drinking.

And would this selection include the Australian easter Bilby symbol? :lol:

sounds delicious either way, what's the selection going to consist of?

And would this selection include the Australian easter Bilby symbol? :lol:

Hadn't even thought of that, not a bad idea buff out the species count.

sounds delicious either way, what's the selection going to consist of?

Some boring kangaroo, delicious wallaby.. and maybe a possum on a spit roast or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back