Facebook....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I kept away from it for years but now I use it just for keeping up to date with my friends,though I think it's a shame that no one uses phones anymore.

I never post, but with your settings right it is a great tool to share photos with your close friends and family - that's all it is to me, that and to stalk people

I removed my facebook account around 6-7 months ago. Best move ever.
My productivity has soared since doing so.

Our family is large and spread out over much of Australia , NZ and Canada . Facebook is very good for keeping track of births , deaths and marriages . All with lots of pictures . Have been trying to get my mum onto it , even offered to buy her a computer , but she just sits by the phone complaining that no one ever tells her anything :/

annie,
zynga is a games company that has a load of pretty addictive games on facebook
if you play one you get spammed mercilessly

selling is easy if you get a group together interested in similar things
then you simply put the items up for sale

peter

annie,
zynga is a games company that has a load of pretty addictive games on facebook
if you play one you get spammed mercilessly

selling is easy if you get a group together interested in similar things
then you simply put the items up for sale

peter

Ok, thanks for that info..... I'm not into games so that wouldnt bother me :) I thought there might be a special place you can go to sell certain items. I've done 160 pyrography pictures and was going to sell them on ebay. I've never tried to sell anything on the net before, but I've been told it's quite easy....just a bit nervous to start is all. :)

I'm on FB annie and at first I was very reluctant to join but as I said if you don't keep up with the things your kids are into these days your will be left behind. I'm very strict with my privacy so only add people I really know and family. as for selling things online I used to have a ebay store for many years but its become so expensive now that I've just recently closed it and gone to another site which is cheaper but will probably not get as many sales from. it's ok but can be time consuming and it's all about how well your item sells and if it's a product that is in demand. if you need more information feel free to contact me or we can chat on FB and I'll help you out:)

I'm on FB annie and at first I was very reluctant to join but as I said if you don't keep up with the things your kids are into these days your will be left behind. I'm very strict with my privacy so only add people I really know and family. as for selling things online I used to have a ebay store for many years but its become so expensive now that I've just recently closed it and gone to another site which is cheaper but will probably not get as many sales from. it's ok but can be time consuming and it's all about how well your item sells and if it's a product that is in demand. if you need more information feel free to contact me or we can chat on FB and I'll help you out:)
Thank you.

Well, I'm totally enjoying face book. My son has actually added me to his page, which when I was first on it a few years ago, he wouldn't do. And today I had a wonderful little chat with his two little boys aged 7 and 9.....it really made me cry... :D I'm not used to being called grandma by my real grandchildren. It was just wonderful. They live in Geelong and with me here in WA I don't get to see them.

I've also found a long lost niece, I haven't seen her in over 15 years, maybe even longer. She's estranged from her mother (my sister) and her siblings. I didn't know if she'd accept me, but within 5 minutes of my friend request she said yes. We've had a long telephone conversation and she's coming to my place for lunch Thursday and may even stay over night. I'm soooooo excited. :lol: So, so far for me, face book is proving to be wonderful. :lol:

Last edited:
those who bag FB are the ones who use it the most! Personnally i like FB it entertains me

Because I've only been on it for about a week, I've found it very exciting....even found an old boyfriend I had when I was about 16 :lol: still recognised him....he looks like he's very happily married and that's great. :lol: He was a nice fellow.

I think I'm still a bit addicted to it, but no doubt that will calm down before long.

i love facebook! i have it open on my computer when ever im on just out of habit now. it really is great for catching up with everyone. iv been posting pictures and updates about the animals and its great to see how much people are loving them, especially the snake updates lol.
my distant families responses to my new pet and body art ( my tattoo) were hilarious, wouldnt of happened without fb :p
my page is completely open to the public. im an incredibly open person so i dont feel the need to hide anything. i dont say anything on there that i wouldnt say to someones face. and yes it has lost me quiet a few 'friends' from my facebook but i couldnt care less :)
i actually deleted my account 6 months ago when i had a lot of trouble with tards on there but it only lasted a week...
haters gonna hate tho, facebook is what you make it just like with anything else :D

I don't ever have any drama with my friends or family on facebook, and I've got pretty much my whole family added on there. There was one person I had to block because he became a little insane and stalkery, but that's about it. The whole thing just seems to boil down to mutual respect; it seems that bigotry, arrogance, and flashiness is amplified over the internet. Perhaps because you can't see the hurt in an eye you're not looking at, perhaps because you're a fair distance away from any repercussions, no matter. My friends, my family and I never say anything we wouldn't say to that person were they standing right in front of us. The things we wouldn't say to each other don't amount to very much either, as we're all pretty darn open and tend to sort out any dramas we have in private, with the other person. Yeah, sure... there are a few people who post 'look at me' status updates, or updates on how their latest bunion is doing, but mostly it's either done for a laugh or that's just their personality anyway. Bully for them, I'm not fussed: Everyone finds different things important, don't they? I don't have to read it, and if I'm putting up with it then there are other qualities that endeared that person to me anyway. In one case it's unwavering loyalty, in another it's good fun.
I like facebook. It's helped me meet some good people, spread and take in some important information (no, not the 'copy and paste' slacktivisms thank you very much :p I'm talking Birth Without Fear, Woman Uncensored, etc), and keep in touch with loved ones thousands of miles away. I'll cop a little "Ew picked ma nose and it's shaped like Donkey Kong, what have you picked lately?" for that ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back