How do I grow plant stuffs??? Can you start a thread about it??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scleropages

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Yer... here ya go...

How to grow "moss" in a tank / enclosure thingy.

Get a tank thingy...... add 2 inches of a 10-20mm clay gravel stuff like seachem Oxyx sand stuffs.

f1946da7.jpg

Add some organic non nasty pesticide free coir peat stuffs or potting mix without all the evil stuff in it, around 2 inches or so.

b15d6154.jpg

Add some lovely rocks.. or branches or whatevers..

74a92022.jpg

Then find some moss (scrape it of the driveway .. buy it from an aquarium shop etc)

ece73b1a.jpg

Add moss and let the moss grow under a nice light ( most Aquarium bulbs will grow plants) for a few weeks until it turns nice N green:

9bffc4df.jpg

a39f0e28.jpg

Add plants etc.... water a few times a week with a sprat bottle , check water by checking how wet the Gravel under the substrate is... easyness!

Then do it on a bigger scale:

e516fa89.jpg

The end.....

Told ya I suck at "how too threads" plants are like anything.... Give them food / water and Ideal conditions and they grow N stuff....

Stuff stuff stuff etc...

I like turtles. :)

That was perfect. Schleropages. Easy to understand and straight to the point. I might try the moss idea on my GTP display enclosure, I was thinking of making A foam wall then sticking peat moss or that brown stuff you used on top of your rocks. Thanks mate

simply but surprisingly very helpful thank you

(now off to find some moss)

nice good looking setups

i've had limited success with some ferns and fiscus nothing to the scale of your tanks tho

i was so surprised went into my front yard and did a proper look found a whole load of moss.

When you say aquarium globe what do you mean? Also do they then need lighting still after you've set them up?

Do you have any drier live plant setups? etc

Ok thanks. Sucks that they still need lighting and that I don't keep any rainforest animals in display tanks. Let me know if you do some nice drier themed enclosures that look as amazing as yours often do.

how long do you find it takes the moss to spread.

Looks great. How often do you have to get the lawn mower in there and do some pruning?

Will this type of living environment stand up to dragons climbing all over it? I love the look of it, not sure how it would cope with a couple of boisterous, midsized waterdragons and their claws?

When you say aquarium globe what do you mean?

Sold at Bunnings for $7. It's a bit 'bluey' and it may have a picture of a fish on packaging (NEC brand).

It's also what butchers use, so their meat looks more appealing from inside the glass.

Sold at Bunnings for $7. It's a bit 'bluey' and it may have a picture of a fish on packaging (NEC brand).

It's also what butchers use, so their meat looks more appealing from inside the glass.

Nothing from bunnings is good for plant growth , lighting shop or Aquarium / petshop are better places to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back