Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
L0L & L0L thinking he could have gotten helpful advice APS style, 15 responses to see 1 helpful thing and 14 people flaming :D i love you guise

Still he needs to own up or someone needs to name him so we can flood his inbox with L0L

When I got my python last year the pet store owner made me get bitten (I just stuck my hand in with a jungle and poked its nose until it bit me...surprisingly took a while) cus, quote "people freak out when they take home a snake and it bites them. They bring them back and want a return"....I didn't believe him but apparently it happens. ALL PETS BITE PEOPLE gosh it's like people have never had a puppy or a kitten, they bite 9 million times a day-a python bites once and it makes the damn news

If you think snake bites hurt get kicked in the balls, nothing hurts more. And don't anyone start with "childbirths worse" haven't met anyone that wants to get kicked in the nuts more than once!

APS post of the month! Somone should organise awards and prizes.

I get asked daily if my pet PYTHON is venomous. Education on snakes really sucks. I like to tell them YES its very venomous, in fact can you hold her and I'll go get the book on it.

Now that I have had a good laugh I can imagine if his snake has been placid all this time and it's the first time it has grabbed him, that there would be a certain amount of panic but surely now that it's over and he has a chance to look back on it he must be feeling a bit sheepish and see that most people would have a good laugh.

A bit like when you see your mate kicked in the nuts by a poddy calf... you know it hurt but you still have to pick yourself up off the ground from laughing so hard.

He needs to get back on that proverbial horse... give Cyril a good feed and realise the snake won't kill him or eat him whole. Maybe he would regain some kudos by owning up and admitting he over reacted and asking for help. But overall I don't know that we are really laughing at him as much as we are at the beat up the media have given this harrowing attack by a python that wasn't venemous.

and this people is why IMO children shouldn't be left to play with the bigger more powerful snakeys ..... just like i not long ago had a 11 year old tell me they were going to get a Olive and look after it all by them self oh and breed said Olive ... mind you they don't have any snakeys at all yet as mummy wont allow it lol ...
oh and that was closely followed by going to keep adders as well lol ....

I think the BHP was doing the right thing by the little princess... It bit him but it was considerate enough to apply a torniquet to stem the MASSIVE bleeding while mummy called the medivac to airlift the precious little child to the Alfred Hospital.

I bet some people get injured and rather than ring the ambulance, will get themselves to hospital.
I know Id hate to jump in an ambulance, knowing that my embarrassing story will be in the papers the next day.
It happens all the time, its like there is a direct line between the paramedics and the media..
I hate that

They panicked, plain and simple... Not noteworthy, definitely not newsworthy. Made for a good laugh for me though. I think such an experience (regardless of how amusing we find it), should not put off the young lad from this hobby. If someone does know who he is, educate him and encourage him rather than ridicule him.

I wonder what they were charged for the ambulance callout? I hear it can be very expensive!

If they have Ambulance cover it wouldn't be an issue and for the few $$ a year that costs I don't understand anyone not having it. My ambo ride after my bike accident was all of 4km and cost the insurance company about $600. After air transport to Newcastle and back it was up around the the $2500 mark.

Poor Bugger

This is one of the funniest threads i have ever read thanks guys.
Now for the boy do you all remember your first latch and squeeze, it is a bit freaky,and as usual the media has upset a family with their waffle, even though its soooo funny i feel for ya young fella.
bloody hell im still laughing

Wow, if I called an ambulance every time I got bitten by something, I'd probably live in one! 43Nickw, I do remember the first time, but every python owner knows they're not venomous, and unless his first python was a full grown scrubby or similar, I really can't see why that would warrant calling an ambulance.

im sorry lol it was me and it was my hatchy jungle python tried to eat me arms first!! Had to call the wambulance to get the jaws of life and get him off me!!
had to chase it back in its enclosure with a shovel
the Wambulance costed like 300$

Last edited:
Oh dear...

A diamond python I had grabbed my wrist and held on for 15 minutes, I was the only one home. He bit me near a vein and I had swelling, but I laughed. Emergency services are certainly not needed for that. The snake broke a tooth which I still have, and here's the damage he did and a pic of him:

Attachments

• Diamond bite8.jpg
    Diamond bite8.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 64
  • Diamond bite10.jpg
    Diamond bite10.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 67
  • Diamond bite9.jpg
    Diamond bite9.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Diamond bite bruising.jpg
    Diamond bite bruising.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 65
  • Diamond bite bruising2.jpg
    Diamond bite bruising2.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 59
  • Diamond tooth2.jpg
    Diamond tooth2.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 76
  • Diamond bite6.jpg
    Diamond bite6.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 60
  • Diamond bite7.jpg
    Diamond bite7.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 63
  • After bite2.jpg
    After bite2.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 76
Oh dear...

A diamond python I had grabbed my wrist and held on for 15 minutes, I was the only one home. He bit me near a vein and I had swelling, but I laughed. Emergency services are certainly not needed for that. The snake broke a tooth which I still have, and here's the damage he did and a pic of him:

lol :shock:
He's gotta taste for blood now!!
the next time he could escape and you could wake up dead!! or half digested!!

lol :shock:
He's gotta taste for blood now!!
the next time he could escape and you could wake up dead!! or half digested!!

I sold him to a nice lady the other day, she said he hasn't been like that with her so that's good news. He only did it to me once, we have cats at home, and I didn't think to wash my wrists as well as my hands... oh, and my arm nearly fell off :lol:

Crikeys u guys and gals on here must be mortified having read that article. I liked the bit about "it was decided he didn't need to be taken to hospital".

Reminds oneself when he gets his woma soon and if that same person is unlucky enough to be tagged not to call the newspaper and certainly don't show his face around here again. :oops:

Crikeys u guys and gals on here must be mortified having read that article. I liked the bit about "it was decided he didn't need to be taken to hospital".

Reminds oneself when he gets his woma soon and if that same person is unlucky enough to be tagged not to call the newspaper and certainly don't show his face around here again. :oops:
if that person craps one self with a bite and coil from a bhp - then that person would be advised in not geting a food nutter like a woma ;)
and why would that person get another snake if they are to scared to pickup the bhp ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back