Japanese imports *cars*

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very curious??? is the Roll cage neccessary? Are you putting out some rediculous power lol? It looks good don't get me wrong...but uneccessary weight if you are under 500hp i beleive :)

I like the massive FMIC ;) good work!

Very curious??? is the Roll cage neccessary? Are you putting out some rediculous power lol? It looks good don't get me wrong...but uneccessary weight if you are under 500hp i beleive :)

I like the massive FMIC ;) good work!
the roll cage was in the car when i imported it, and yes it weighs a ton even tho ive taken out 3 bars of the cage, its yet to go on the dyno as theres still a couple of lil gremlins to work out with the engine as its a totally fresh build, we are hoping to pass the 500hp mark. and no the cage isnt Necessary but i like it.;) im hoping it will be going in the next month fingers crossed.

Here is a few photos of my current car that i have been building very slowly for the past 6 years

P1010413.jpg

P1010420.jpg

P1010231.jpg

my Previous Toy

d.jpg

v.jpg

Not really drift spec but another on my previous rides

P1030703.jpg

mazda4.jpg

mazda2.jpg

mazda1.jpg

Current new toy

FG xr6 turbo modifly

IMG_0056.jpg

the roll cage was in the car when i imported it, and yes it weighs a ton even tho ive taken out 3 bars of the cage, its yet to go on the dyno as theres still a couple of lil gremlins to work out with the engine as its a totally fresh build, we are hoping to pass the 500hp mark. and no the cage isnt Necessary but i like it.;) im hoping it will be going in the next month fingers crossed.

Nice import mate. Sucks your down in melbourne...Would of loved to check it out lol. A 500hp wrx 2.5L should get you into the 10's downt he 1/4 mate if you have a decent launch control (or can launch if yourself). i find its bloody hard to launch the AWD, bit more skill required then a typical 2wd haha.

Keep me informed how it goes on the DYNO :) Would love to find out your overall figure!

Here is a few photos of my current car that i have been building very slowly for the past 6 years

Hahaha nice work. Love the S13! that will go alright. Just a few toys..Lucky man. I don't have the time or freedom from the wife to do that haha. Love the size of the Garage the S13 is in...plenty of space to pull ******* apart!

yea ive got launch control and anti lag setup thru the motec. and the 2.5 is actually 2.8865 to be exact.;). im still thinking about a shot of giggle for the strip but im also a bit worried about dragging it as the engine has cost me far too much $$$$$. i think ill stick with hillclimbs and cruizing. forsure ill post the dyno reading when it happens.

P1010413.jpg

P1010420.jpg

P1010231.jpg

my Previous Toy

d.jpg

v.jpg

Not really drift spec but another on my previous rides

P1030703.jpg

mazda4.jpg

mazda2.jpg

mazda1.jpg

Current new toy

FG xr6 turbo modifly

IMG_0056.jpg

that mazda looks smooth as! i like it.

yea ive got launch control and anti lag setup thru the motec. and the 2.5 is actually 2.8865 to be exact.;). im still thinking about a shot of giggle for the strip but im also a bit worried about dragging it as the engine has cost me far too much $$$$$. i think ill stick with hillclimbs and cruizing. forsure ill post the dyno reading when it happens.

Lucky Bastard! You put the stroker kit onto it! DAM I am jealous now. That thing will have an incredible torque curve being an almost 2.9L 4 CLY lol WOW can't wait for the figure now. Would also love to see a tune run on E85. I reckon you would easily push a low 600hp out if you are hoping for over 500hp on pump fuel! A 370kw+ rexie would be deadly!

i cant believe that there is 9 pages of jap car talk & no1 has mentioned a zed. 300zx either z31 or z32 etc

i cant believe that there is 9 pages of jap car talk & no1 has mentioned a zed. 300zx either z31 or z32 etc

They're horrible cars lol. Plus, have you seen the engine bay on one? The most cluttered design ever. It makes it easier to undo the mounts, take the bonnet off and jack it up with a crane to get to anything.

I reckon 350z's are cool, I wish some were turbo from factory, though.

here's one of me old soarer can't believe no one has mentioned the mighty 1jz and 2jz

Attachments

• soarer.jpg
    soarer.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 133
nothing wrong with the old vg30et :) you just take the whole engine out work on it then put it back lol & cut the bonnet open if need be.

I love the 350Z's but they are extremely hard to work. heard alot of $$$ for little gain...Hey much like your 4Cly haha.

I went for a spin in a 280 RWKW 33 yesterday. Pretty scary being a passanger with the rear end loose as at close to 100 with powerpoles and oncoming traffic!

It has a T04Z turbo set up, 80mm TB, Forward facing plenum (kinda like a greddy or a plasmaman, but a knock off one), idk what else it had, obviously pump and injectors and turbo back exhaust. Would scare me if it was on stock internals, who knows how long it would last?

Tein coil overs, volk rims, CLEAN AS A WHISTLE inside, a couple of minor marks outside but it's a '93 model, lol.

The guy wants to swap me the car for one of my bikes and 5K, it will come with a RWC, new tyres, a tune and 6 months rego. Very keen, don't have the cash though. He said he isn't in a rush to sell and has no intentions of advertising it, so doesn't mind waiting for me.

I dunno what boost control set up he had, but he could vary it on the fly between 10 pounds all the way up to 16 and it would spike to 18 but not get any higher than that. I dunno how long it would last with this set up, but it was a wild ride, haha.

No. It had 567 hp. Apparently the mechanic who built it said that it would do 9 sec 1/4's (I assume very high 9's), but last I heard it was never taken down there. But the hp seems a little low to me for a car to be able to go that fast. But I'm no expert.

No. It had 567 hp. Apparently the mechanic who built it said that it would do 9 sec 1/4's (I assume very high 9's), but last I heard it was never taken down there. But the hp seems a little low to me for a car to be able to go that fast. But I'm no expert.

That's like 420KW. It's a lot of power, but I don't think it would get anywhere near the 9's with that, there's a lot more about making good numbers than figures too, figures can mean nothing. The skylines in the RH9 club have like 1000 hp. There are plenty of people running 400KW skylines, a lot of people with GTS-T's and GT-T's, which are RWD only :D

Yeah 550-600hp is quite attainable with the skyline and supras in particular.
Getting the power down is another thing though especially if the car is a streeter and not 4wd (thats why the gtr is so good)

I was teaching my girlfriend how to drift in her lancer last night... so much harder in an auto, BUT I found out it's semi auto... then the fun sort of started.. she got the hang of it, sorta...
I go for it now and then in my Camry (manual V6 re bored, and a bigger exhaust system) everything else stock not really interested in doing anything else as I'm looking for a KE to fix up)
People say it's easier and better in a rear wheel drive...
Can't say I have had the pleasure.

I don't go out for a hoon on busy roads, couldn't liv with myself if I hit someone... sometimes I might take on a cocky commodoor or something at the lights... Took on one of those 50th anniversary falcons, and won from start to stop light which was about 600m... I was pretty happy about that.
Lucky it was a red light, cause he was catching up..

Last edited:
Just my personal preference, I rather the grunt of v8 charged then my car sounding like it has a cold when changing gears. Holden all the way!!!

11s1smf.jpg

I would rather ride a razor scooter than drive a Holden "Penrith people mover"

Personally after being in a background with V8 and Turbo V6 lovers a 567HP skyline has no chance in HELL of doing a 1/4 in a 9 second pass. Load of Crap. My mates xr6 turbo ute with a 2 speed glide gearbox putting out 740hp on E85 only run's a low 10's with slicks (its not the best 1/4 track but even still he would maybe get a high 9sec pass at best in his ute)! Good luck to a manual 567hp skyline even breaking into a high 10!

I had a mate and a mechanic told him that his 400HP wrx could run a high 10! personally never listen to mechanics on what a car could run. unless they own that vehicle and drive it regulary they know crap about its 1/4 time lol

If you think a 280kw atw rwd pulls hard. Try going in a 310kw atw awd. That is deadly and leaves you grasping for air lol!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back