Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi poggle,

I run them in Brisbane, however I can run them further north if I have a group of 4 or more. I can advise on a setup but really this depends on what you want to achieve. Eg do you want to publish in print, are they for books etc

Cheers
scott

Some absolutely beautiful photography going on in this thread..... Makes me want to get my canon out and get snap happy with my 3 current babies....

Hopefully I'll upload some more before the end of the Easter break!

Here are 2 photos I took of Sprocket our Stimson the day we brought him home....

39ea2994.jpg

1cd4caed.jpg

Last edited:
That snake is incredible, what type of snake is that?

Brazilian Rainbow Boa - they go through the process of metachrosis where their base colors change depending on the time of day. That nice silvery color you see on his sides back by the tail are only there at night on this particular one, so I have to time the pictures to get the look I want. Normally they're pretty docile I guess, but both of ours are nuts and they're the only snakes we have that I regularly handle with a hook (including all of our green tree and Macklot's pythons). Case in point: The reason his mouth is open there is because he had just bitten my hand :)

Brazilian Rainbow Boa - they go through the process of metachrosis where their base colors change depending on the time of day. That nice silvery color you see on his sides back by the tail are only there at night on this particular one, so I have to time the pictures to get the look I want. Normally they're pretty docile I guess, but both of ours are nuts and they're the only snakes we have that I regularly handle with a hook (including all of our green tree and Macklot's pythons). Case in point: The reason his mouth is open there is because he had just bitten my hand :)

He certainly is a beautiful snake, and your photography is amazing... Although my snake is a little 'boring' in colors compared to your collection, I hope to one day get some great shots of them as you have of yours! Well done :)

wow, some of those photos are stunning. Wish I had a camera that could take photos like that.

Don't be put off Lizzy, practice as much as you can with what you have. As a hobbiest photographer, I hate hearing "wow that camera takes great photos" - it's like me saying "Wow, that oven cooks a great roast". The PHOTOGRAPHER takes the photo - It's about light and composition as much as the hardware you use. Practice lighting and composition as much as you can, with WHATEVER you can, THAT'S what will make a fantastic photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back