Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

troycoop

Reaction score
Hi everyone the Gold Coast Reptile Expo is on again. The dates this year are July 28th & 29th. It would be great to get more private collectors to come and show off what they have. All private displays go in the draw to win an albino carpet python.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask me. I've attached the form for those interested in coming and attached the flyer for all the information.

Look forward to seeing you all there
Cheers
Troy

Attachments

• A5 Flyer_2012.pdf
    410 KB · Views: 379
  • Basic Form.doc
    339.5 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
Hey Troy
Not sure if you have or are you going to place the ad up on the fb Coastal Herp society page?

Last edited:
unfortunately due to QLD legislation you cannot sell or buy animals on the day.

But you can talk to breeders who might have snakes for sale

Just to clarify above = this is only at the Expo venue ?

Licenced keepers may trade from their own place of residence :)

Troy please correct me if I am wrong

Cheers
Sandee :)

I'll be going. I'll get a table for some animals on display :)

Cheers Brenton

Just to clarify above = this is only at the Expo venue ?

Licenced keepers may trade from their own place of residence :)

Troy please correct me if I am wrong

Cheers

Hi Sandee
you are correct

So we can buy them in parking lot

Ummm ... I don't know of one single reptile breeder that would call the parking lot their residence :p

While animals on display may not be available for sale at the Expo venue I am sure if breeders/buyers have made previous arrangements that animals may be delivered before/after the Expo.

I beleive the organisers of the Gold Coast Reptile Expo are working with DERM - not trying to outsmart DERM

The point being NO animal transactions are to take place at the actual Expo venue (to keep within the specifications required through DERM.)

Cheers

Last edited:
I will be bringing my ute as well as my missus driving the family car. 1 sedan did not cut it to bring back all my purchases last year lol

it wouldn't take much to outsmart DERM and unless they are policing the parking lot and checking the paperwork who's to say the paperwork, like a cheque, can't be "post dated"?

I will be bringing my ute as well as my missus driving the family car. 1 sedan did not cut it to bring back all my purchases last year lol

make sure it' a big ute..most of our enclosures are quite big....

Hi everyone the Gold Coast Reptile Expo is on again. The dates this year are July 28th & 29th. It would be great to get more private collectors to come and show off what they have. All private displays go in the draw to win an albino carpet python.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask me. I've attached the form for those interested in coming and attached the flyer for all the information.

Look forward to seeing you all there
Cheers
Troy
well you'd be crazy not to do a private display when you could win an albino.

I might be wrong but at the Ipswich expo people were allowed to sell reptiles. it was all done separate to the main expo if that changes anything

I might be wrong but at the Ipswich expo people were allowed to sell reptiles. it was all done separate to the main expo if that changes anything
Apparently DERM made a mistake letting this happen at Ipswich and they will not let it happen again anywhere in Qld....till they change their mind and move with the times....why do people have to be so impulsive...is it so hard to look at the snakes that are for sale (we all know they are) and take a card and see them the following day?

Slightly off topic, but does SA ever get a reptile expo?

I found the answer to my question.... Unfortunately we aren't big enough to have one! :(

Maybe a holiday to QLD is in need! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back