I've been a bad, bad girl...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oohhh ok. I was thinking you had left APS for facebook lol. I hope u r feeling beta soon Granieannie.....i have no idea what happened but dont stress i have been a bad girl too! i have an infaction thingy majig also. everynow and then its good 2 take a walk on the wild side :p

Welcome back Annie,
Everyone has an opinion on at least one thing others won't like (it'd be stupid to pretend otherwise), and unless you're forcing it down peoples throats and effecting others lives, who cares?
Everyone is a do-gooder these days when it's no help at all.

Hope you regain your health soon, sounds like a scary infection.

You're a lovely lady on the whole.

Grannie, I am sorry to hear of your illness, and I hope you are getting well quickly.
Don't feel too bad, you're not the only one to receive an infraction, I believe they were being handed out like party favours after the thread in question;) So don't leave, it would certainly be less interesting around here without you!

Personally, I disagree wholeheartedly with your opinion on the subject, HOWEVER, that's just it, it's YOUR opinion and you are entitled to it, just as I am entitled to mine. The thread is over and done with now, so how about we leave it at that and no hard feelings?:)

I do hope you're feeling better, and to all the people who want Grannie gone because of her opinion on one subject, I say that the world would be boring if everyone agreed on everything.

So.... Welcome back Grannie!!

just curious? instead of simply reminding people about no nasty attacks why arent they removed and the posters given an 'infraction'?, this would be the correct solution as the poster has had this happen to her already then why arent those still carrying on the attacks treated the same?

sorry but im calling it as it is shown in here, three comments were already removed on the first page but on the second page more have appeared and not acted on?

wb grannie and i really do hope your medical condition improves for you ASAP

just curious? instead of simply reminding people about no nasty attacks why arent they removed and the posters given an 'infraction'?, this would be the correct solution as the poster has had this happen to her already then why arent those still carrying on the attacks treated the same?

sorry but im calling it as it is shown in here, three comments were already removed on the first page but on the second page more have appeared and not acted on?

wb grannie and i really do hope your medical condition improves for you ASAP

Things have been dealt with .... I have Given infractions ... I have deleted posts if i thought they warnted it ... I'm sorry if you don't agree I'm doing my job right .... But as we full well know ... not everyone agrees 100% of the time .... and yes i do remind people of site rules when i feel the need as at times people just cant help but run their mouth at others :)

Believe it or not, i can confirm that frogs does indeed distribute warnings and infractions. She has shown me the error of my ways on several occasions :)

The posts removed on the first page were just simply unacceptable. The moderators are just doing thier job... there is a fine line between unacceptable and just ok.... The ones on page one were definately over the line :rolleyes:

I wouldn't like to be a mod & commend them on the job they do...... they are pretty well spot on, most of the time (dont tell fay I said that... she kicked my butt... I reckon that was WRONG hehehehe). Really, imagine what unmoderated sites would be like?

How about we do something interesting... like talk about snakes and geckos and stuff :facepalm:

oh im not having a go at the way you do things just personally felt that unless those who have continued the attacks have been given infractions then 'justice' as such has not been served and i guess your not able to confirm such infractions have taken place and understand that

i just noticed at least one person who attacked on page2 also had a comment removed on page1 which would have been another attack therefore continuing it should have resulted in some more 'serious' action

lets just say im a little 'trigger happy' at what sometimes appears letting one group get away with something another group doesnt and i know things are done in the background that mere members never hear about nor can we be told about either
;)

im usually one of those who if something i have said is deleted i generally take the 'hint' and move on not keep trying then complaining when im slapped on the wrist, however if i firmly believe my deleted comments were not a breach of the site rules i scream just as loudly about the unjustness of it
:lol:

oh and i also scream loudly if something ive said is removed and i get a slap on the wrists but the attacks on me are allowed to continue
:p (something ive noticed that is currently happening on a site ive been 'wrongly' removed from despite claims this is against the rules and the mods/admin are the worst ones doing it)

ive also noticed some sly little 'digs' at me lately that for now im allowing to go thru to the keeper
8)

Dont you just love it when someone who joined only a month ago and has made so few posts... feels so comfortable and confident they are so accepted here... that they can (try to) push around someone who has been here 5ish years and contributed 2000+ posts? It shows what a welcoming atmosphere there is here at APS (lucky for me.. hehehehe)
few)[/QUOTE]

Compared to your not even eight months.....I notice you have opinion on pretty much everything, wether it be correct or not.
Quantity does not equal quality;)

I have no personal problem with GA, but find her backwards in her opinions. She sent me a personal message about drug use because of my signature. My signature is very tongue in cheek and 99% of people realize this.

I did not comment in said thread, but did follow it. GA's comments are akin to saying "black people are 2nd class", and "women belong in the kitchen"!
Yes both comments above, which I find abhorrent were common place until people evolved. I believe GA is stuck in a time that was long left behind (thank goodness) and still has those blinkered views.
Age has nothing to do with it, rather a lack of understanding/acceptance of the evolving/changing human race.

Wearing a Teflon coat, so ready......

....I notice you have opinion on pretty much everything, wether it be correct or not.
Quantity does not equal quality;)

I have no personal problem with GA, but find her backwards in her opinions. She sent me a personal message about drug use because of my signature. My signature is very tongue in cheek and 99% of people realize this.

I did not comment in said thread, but did follow it. GA's comments are akin to saying "black people are 2nd class", and "women belong in the kitchen"!
Yes both comments above, which I find abhorrent were common place until people evolved. I believe GA is stuck in a time that was long left behind (thank goodness) and still has those blinkered views.
Age has nothing to do with it, rather a lack of understanding/acceptance of the evolving/changing human race.

Wearing a Teflon coat, so ready......

But phantomreptiles, everyone has the "correct" opinion according to themselves. For example: "I believe the world is flat" Does not make it factual, however it does make it true to my perceptions, until proven otherwise. Even then, what proves it to you may not prove it to me.

I can understand where you're coming from re GrannieAnnie's "backwards" opinions, however, that doesn't change the fact that they are right TO HER. And to be honest, I commend her for having the guts to stand up for her beliefs on an open forum, even though they clearly differed from the mainstream view. To put our opinions out there, especially unpopular opinions, leaves us open for criticism, and that can be hard.

As for the comments you have compared GA's opinion to, again, I agree to a certain extent, however, it's all a matter of perspective. Personally, I find those opinions just as abhorrent as "everyone should have at least 3 children, if not more", or "I don't know what you're so upset about, it was just a dog, we'll go to the pet shop and get another one"
All of those, in MY opinion, are wrong, backwards, and extremely ill-informed, but they may not be to you or to someone else.

...And probably some other crap about stuff, but my brain just shut down...

I can't believe people arent being infracted and suspended for their posts. If a post has to be removed then the mods should do their jobs and ban these people. Even if they are your mates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back