Virides is looking to expand it's range - chance for freebie inside!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What types of handles would you like to see? (Multiple Choice)

• Fingergrips for Frogs

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Handles for Frogs

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • Fingergrips for Turtles

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Handles for Turtles

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Handles for Crickets

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Handles for Spiders

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Handles for Scorpions

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other, please comment below.

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Virides

We have wanted to expand our range into turtles and frogs for quite some time, but have been preoccupied by the track system and other systems.

We are interested to know what you have been wanting?

Do turtles and frogs live in enclosures with sliding glass, doors or lids? Would this mean we would need finger grips and handles for both?

We are also looking at doing handles for crickets, spiders and scorpions.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

For those who vote and/or comment, we will give away a pair of one design of handle/finger grip (of your choice)when the products become available. We will let you know when that will likely be based on the feedback we receive from this thead.

I have seen a lot of enclosures for frogs spiders and scorpions with sliding glass but none for turtles. Turtles have all been tanks from what I have seen.

Cheers Brenton

Yep, I keep turtles indoor and they live in a normal fish tank. Can't think of a way to put your product on the tank itself, however most turtle tanks are put on a stand with cabinet doors so there might be a market for (wooden) cabinet door handles.

Yep, I keep turtles indoor and they live in a normal fish tank. Can't think of a way to put your product on the tank itself, however most turtle tanks are put on a stand with cabinet doors so there might be a market for (wooden) cabinet door handles.

It can be done. We would provide a clear footing for the handle to be screwed to which would then be adhered to the glass. This however would mean that the handle cannot be removed without requiring a new clear footing. It is problematic in some respects, but none-the-less can be done.

My turtles live in a tank but I have seen some people with setups similiar to the ones steine enclosures make with a snake or frog section up the top and a tank of water down the bottom. I still like your snake handles the most but if I had to choose from the list above I would pick turtle handles:D

I would love to see a semi aquatic ready to go setup. Eg. exoterra (similar) enclosure with a dedicated water to land area. Complete with waterpump/filter with mini stream/waterfall into a small pond. This would suit frogs, turtles and snakes.
Building one myself because there isn't anything out there ready to go.

I would love to see a semi aquatic ready to go setup. Eg. exoterra (similar) enclosure with a dedicated water to land area. Complete with waterpump/filter with mini stream/waterfall into a small pond. This would suit frogs, turtles and snakes.

Yeah there's not many. here in canberra there's actualy a reptile shop that makes all these and sells them at a quiet good price.

Cheers Brenton

Don't forget water dragons.

I've seen frogs in glass enclosures with sliding doors and turtles in tanks with lids

I'd like to see some big stainless Monitor handles that can be used for either wooden or glass doors for when I buil my outdoor water monitor funhouse.

I have both tank's for my frogs, They are both 45x45x60 but one has a sliding front and one has a top lid. I think the sliding front is heaps easier for cleaning/handling and putting the crickets in (especially if its a tall tank). The one with the lid is harder to reach down to the bottom of the tank to get my frogs out.
My turtles were in a fish tank with a wooden hood, and I think that would be easier for turtles, but not so much frogs. :)

I'd like to see some big stainless Monitor handles that can be used for either wooden or glass doors for when I buil my outdoor water monitor funhouse.

We can do custom handles. We try to get them cut with other batches, but we always will quote to get them done. If you are interested in these, we are about to put a batch through with our manufacturer.

We will be putting through an order for more stainless steel snake grips and also a limited run of lizard finger grips, so these should be available soon.

The input from the poll will go towards designing the handles in the near future. I would hope that some of these items will be available in 3-4months time, maybe earlier.

Whoever wins the choice of their handles will be notified when we have confirmed what designs will be available.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey how about doing cage cards, but instead of the normal crappy laminated ones make into something nice like resin covered on a stainless steel background

Hey how about doing cage cards, but instead of the normal crappy laminated ones make into something nice like resin covered on a stainless steel background

Im not sure what this is? Printed backgrounds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back