show us your deathadders and rbbs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sdajialbinogroupwhereisthepancakemixyoubastard.jpg

SdajiAlbinoAdderGroup2012.jpg

If you get 10 different albinoes you still probably won't have two which look the same :p

These are babies from last year. This year's should be born any time now :)

BabyalbinoAddersvarietypack.jpg

BabyalbinoAddersselectionplatter.jpg

They're very cute, in a kind of "mess with me and I'll kill you" kind of way. I'd love to get some elapids one day, but right now, I'm really bad at not getting bitten so I might stick to pythons til I grow a brain.

Jay awesome animals you've got there :) have you ever nearly been bitten by any of them??? Also would the babies still pack a bite of venom if they were to bite you??

Jay awesome animals you've got there :) have you ever nearly been bitten by any of them??? Also would the babies still pack a bite of venom if they were to bite you??

Nope, i've never come close to being bitten, they are definitely an animal you don't want to take for granted!

No, just an itsy bitsy bit. Enough to trigger anaphylaxis if you're extremely unlucky though :p

Sdaji, at what age do you think their venom is strong enough to cause issues?

Good things come to those who wait:)!

Attachments

• Kitty 005 [1600x1200].jpg
    Kitty 005 [1600x1200].jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 149
  • RBB's 023 [1600x1200].jpg
    RBB's 023 [1600x1200].jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 171
  • DSCN2286 [1600x1200].jpg
    DSCN2286 [1600x1200].jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 154
  • Hots 003 [1600x1200].jpg
    Hots 003 [1600x1200].jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 175
Sdaji, at what age do you think their venom is strong enough to cause issues?

If you include anaphylaxis, about three seconds. If not, it's hard to say. I know a fair few people who have been bitten by itsy bitsy ones and anaphylaxis aside I don't know of any reactions worse than a mosquito bite or bee sting. Maybe a large newborn Barkly could knock you around a fair bit more. I'd guess size would be more important than age, but I really don't know how the size vs. venom yield/danger curve would look. I used to start considering them 'dangerous' after their first feed (not that there would be any great difference after one feed), which is fine other than anaphylaxis... but I got anaphylaxis, so now I figure it's best to be extremely careful with anything, even if it's small or a mildly venomous species.

Definitely best just to make sure you never get bitten by any elapid. Any species or size can give you anaphylaxis, and that can kill you much faster than the direct effects of the venom.

Here are my female and male RBB's, and some Barkly adders that were born in March. Baby adders do pack enough to put you in hospital, so please take everybodys advice and don't get complacent.

Attachments

• RBB.jpg
    RBB.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 140
  • Adder mum.jpg
    Adder mum.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 181
  • Adder3.jpg
    Adder3.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_5833 [1024x768].JPG
    IMG_5833 [1024x768].JPG