Finding a job

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any of you family or friends have businesses or anything?

When I moved to my current school the headmaster's son owned a wildlife park, so through him I got to start volunteering there. After a few months I got paid during the summer cruise ship season. Even if you start off volunteering, keep at it and always help in any way you can.

Im job hunting too!

There's a huge job shortage in Tassie I know people who have tried to get a job for a year, maybe things are differrent up your way :)

my friends works at a fruit shop close to me only about 5 people work there and has had a work to the boss for me hopefully ill be able to get a job there if he likes me :D

Do any of you family or friends have businesses or anything?

When I moved to my current school the headmaster's son owned a wildlife park, so through him I got to start volunteering there. After a few months I got paid during the summer cruise ship season. Even if you start off volunteering, keep at it and always help in any way you can.

There's a huge job shortage in Tassie I know people who have tried to get a job for a year, maybe things are differrent up your way :)
gave my resume out to about 10 places it looks like i might have a spot in a bakery because its expanding and its just a 5 min walk away so would be the perfect job! Fingers crossed for me!

my friends works at a fruit shop close to me only about 5 people work there and has had a work to the boss for me hopefully ill be able to get a job there if he likes me :D

If you are half as motivated with starting a thread about finding a job and keeping it a few pages long then you should have no trouble keeping the job once hired. Work hard and show initiative and you will be easilly employed. Good luck.

I was struggling to find a job march last year here in Melbourne, there are tough times just have to keep at it as it does pick up.

For anyone trying to find work... best thing I found is get yourself on 'labour hire' or 'job agencies' lists and just keep trying to find more to have your name on their list and bug them every Monday morning minimum (there office's start a new week every week and you need to refresh their memory on the fact they have people looking for work), and they can contact you when you least expect it, I still get the odd contact from one back in Perth after telling them I've moved interstate over a year ago.

Thanks everyone for sharing youse have all given me great ideas I'll be sure to post again once I get a job

i got a job at a butcher and i get realy good money just being part-time worker now im just waiting till they hand me a knife

yeah my mate works at a butcher/deli
after 1.5 years i have a job interview on thursday at Kmart cannon hill :D
wish me luck

iv applied everywhere know to man. dont get a interview or call back untill i take my piercings out and cut my hair. just shows how judgmental people are.
never the less i was happy to do this if it means i get a job

well i was talking to other teens about employment they cant find jobs either , there are no jobs about in my town at all, Tas is the worst place to find a job :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back