Blue Blue Tongue

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

D3pro

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
No that isn't a mistake in the title...

One of Joe's (From BlueTongueLizard.com.au) Tasmanian Blotched Blue Tongues is sky blue.

blue-blues.jpg

A few people on here (including myself) have seen it in person.
I have been told it's a male.

it really does have an entirely different background colour than any other Blotchie I have seen before....... time will tell if its just a funky blue bluey or if there is some heritability to it.......

No that isn't a mistake in the title...

One of Joe's (From BlueTongueLizard.com.au) Tasmanian Blotched Blue Tongues is sky blue.

View attachment 249997

A few people on here (including myself) have seen it in person.
I have been told it's a male.

Finally proof :p I had found a couple as a kid the first one was in wonthaggi vic and then a few years later as a teenager in Geelong
So many people did not believe me, now I just need someone to post a pick of a green eastern bearded.

I agree Richard just a hue really not anything to necessarily jump up & down about as such... just a really interesting animal.......

personally prefer the stunning redhead (ok copper brown-head? na doesn't have a nice ring to it) on the bottom

personally prefer the stunning redhead (ok copper brown-head? na doesn't have a nice ring to it) on the bottom

yep the Oranges are nicer I defs agree just the Blue sucker is an odd ball as there are a few oranges.....

joe u can breed the color though,a chap i know used to breed the pink hue ones,and some of the bubs have the trait to,with selective breeding who knows what u could develop it into

joe u can breed the color though,a chap i know used to breed the pink hue ones,and some of the bubs have the trait to,with selective breeding who knows what u could develop it into

I'm sure....... just didn't want to make it out to be more than it was thats all !! :p I'll defs use him on the lightest coloured female with the lowest amount of contrast to see what happens....

How exciting and I am sure the pics dont do the colours justice

I went to the Vic expo for the first time this year and was blown away with the colours in real life....pics dont do them justice at all

Definitely Tasmanian? Looks very similar to the Mainland Blotchies I got years ago off Steve Sass, snowy mountains locality. They generally have blue sides and pink patches down the back.

Definitely Tasmanian? Looks very similar to the Mainland Blotchies I got years ago off Steve Sass, snowy mountains locality. They generally have blue sides and pink patches down the back.

yep 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back