sand moniter enclosure size

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gex13

Not so new Member
Reaction score
ok so im going to sell all my reptiles and just buy and keep one sand moniter as a pet but i want it inside for its whole life.. can anyone give me some ideas/help for a tank size that it will be happy in for its whole life even when its a fully grown adult. thanks cody :)

depends on the form mate,they all vary in size adult wise,some are quite a bit smaller than others,ideally at least 6x3x3 for an adult,some thats still small for,they love to burrow to,so need some depth to burrow in,ideally

jan 2012 251.jpgjan 2012 253.jpg

I have two little flavies. As soon as the warmer weather hits they will be moving in to a 5m x 2m x 2m enclosure :)

Don't forget the pics when finished, Rahni:)!

Will do, converting a shade house. Half for the flavies the other half for my panoptes (when I get it lol!).

Richardsc - I got them from Tristis on this forum. Awesome guy, great to deal with :)

just the 2 males,have a young female but she needs to size up a bit before joining them,would love to get another lass or 2 but havnt had much luck finding any

just the 2 males,have a young female but she needs to size up a bit before joining them,would love to get another lass or 2 but havnt had much luck finding any

Do you house them indoor during winter? Gets pretty darn cold in Mornington I'd imagine :)

nope,out year round,there covered for the most part and have heating

Richardsc, is that the outdoor enclosure l use to own that you purchase from me, that you keep the 2 male Varanus Gouldii Flavirufus in,how are to 2 x adult male Varanus Gouldii Flavirufus both going that you also purchase from me, can you please take a photo of the whole enclosure so l can see how you have it set-up like l did here at my place thank you.

Does it look anywhere near like you see here in these photos.

View attachment 251208View attachment 251209View attachment 251210View attachment 251211View attachment 251212View attachment 251213

Last edited:
007.jpg
thanks for the good words people.
love your new name Laura! how are your little guys going? they must be getting some size on them by now?

heres one of my hold backs, not the best pic but shes still nice and red.

hi les

not sure why your asking if they were your old ones and cage??????

do they look different

totally different to your pics now,its actually in a different location,unfortunatly doesnt contain as many flavies,its sitting higher now to,its missing a hide box on the right,,has alot more sand in it now,lots of rotted woodsections removed to and the ramp,in its place is a log providing a step of sorts,it doesnt sit on cement,its on pavers to,apart from that all the same

shes looking great tristis

Last edited:
Thanks Tristan! I think it's clever :p

My 'little' ones are doing really well, I haven't measured them but conservatively they'd be between 65 - 75cm STL now. Chomping down the food like no tomorrow. Calming down pretty well - I can reach in and touch them most of the time (every now and then you'd swear they'd never seen you before but oh well) which I'm really happy about. Not going to try and hold them or anything for a little while yet (I'll wait until they're more comfortable with the 'patting' aspect first!).

Richard thats gotta be the most posted varanid enclosure on the internet . I like it , dont get me wrong.

Inspirational name Flaviruthless, Im gonna change my user name to Flavi flav or something:D

wow thats great news to hear they are that big, sound like your doing a fantastic job raising your first monitors, well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back