Is Australia Ready for this ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shocking isn't it...

I actually know of someone who had a gun pulled on him at his house for some blueys and beardies..!

Wow.... makes selling snakes via internet far more safer for all you poor sellers lol... Ohhh and to the sellers, you need a bicycle with snake trailer so prospective thieves cannot get far fast when they steal your wheels :p At least the snakes were recovered from the vehicle and the seller is in a stable condition...

Shocking isn't it...

I actually know of someone who had a gun pulled on him at his house for some blueys and beardies..!
Thats terrible, I had no idea people would go this far for reptiles.....

Australia has had a few home invasions but to be actually SHOT and your VEHICLE STOLEN while delivering snakes is SCARY

Bugger that!

I think I'd rather sell entire clutches to a interstate dealer and maybe get less per head than I would selling to individuals but have to deal with less overall angst and that sort of BS.

IMO basically it is to do with ego, jealousy, payback and general lack of integrity

Sellers or Buyers ? I am not sure

Lol, it's common sense. Don't meet someone at night with 13 grand worth of snakes unless you know for sure who they are.

Gun crime happens, the fact that it had snakes involved is irrelevant, it could have happened if he was just selling the car.

Please don't let this topic get off track .. this is a reptile forum afterall ... not guns and crime

The fact is this case is extremely relevant to REPTILE KEEPERS ... think about it.

Most people selling reptiles in Australia (at least) would not think about dodging bullets while closing the sale

Please don't let this topic get off track .. this is a reptile forum afterall ... not guns and crime

The fact is this case is extremely relevant to REPTILE KEEPERS ... think about it.

Most people selling reptiles in Australia (at least) would not think about dodging bullets while closing the sale

Most people selling a valuable entertainment system probably wouldn't think they'd have to tap dance to shrapnel either, but it can happen.

He was an idiot, meeting someone at night that he obviously didn't know anything about (no records of anyone else dealing with this guy prior etc) and he's bringing 13 grand worth of product to a meet. The same thing could happen if someone was selling pure bred dogs, a tv or an iPad.

Don't try to create mass hysteria about snakes attracting gun crime, that guy was basically asking for it.

internet sales are all good,might dodge a bullet and all,but would u pay 13 grand to someone over the net with out knowing anything about them

i sure as hell wouldnt,lol,id much prefer to see the animals in person before forking out any money

in saying that,id be wary going to meet someone i didnt know with that kind of money to,common sense would be to know who you are dealing with,or at least know of others who have dealt with them in the past

anyone can claim they have this and that,set up a meeting and do this,they dont even have to own snakes

If this post describes

you then send me you details. Boy do I have some things that you need to buy.
internet sales are all good,might dodge a bullet and all,but would u pay 13 grand to someone over the net with out knowing anything about them

i sure as hell wouldnt,lol,id much prefer to see the animals in person before forking out any money

in saying that,id be wary going to meet someone i didnt know with that kind of money to,common sense would be to know who you are dealing with,or at least know of others who have dealt with them in the past

anyone can claim they have this and that,set up a meeting and do this,they dont even have to own snakes

... man had arranged to sell 20 ball pythons for $12,600
The snakes were also recovered from the crashed car.

So i guess he has no balls now?

Btw,that makes them about $630 each. I know people o'sea's who pick up a ball for $50 so they must have been morphs or something.

So i guess he has no balls now?

Btw,that makes them about $630 each. I know people o'sea's who pick up a ball for $50 so they must have been morphs or something.

Only if they found 22 balls instead of 20.:lol:;)

Reptile theft regardless of the methodology is becoming more common, just read through previous threads on this site. Arranging a purchase from your house or giving your home address details in the transaction leaves a seller wide open to this. Lucky in SA giving a Po Box addy is ok on transaction so this will protect a seller meeting a buyer in a public place, but there is still the risk of the reptiles getting ganked. Interstate transactions are looking more appealing these days, regardless of the red tape, freight costs, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back