lizard cross-breeding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coastal-Kemp

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey guys, just wondering if i put blue tongues and shinglebacks in a pit together would they cross breed?

cheers alex

As I mentioned before there was a live hybrid bluey stumpy in Adelaide museum many years ago and I have heard a number of specimens caught in the Grampians Vic.

There are some pics of some in this book.
BLUE-TONGUED SKINKS
Contributions to Tiliqua and Cyclodomorphus

As I mentioned before there was a live hybrid bluey stumpy in Adelaide museum many years ago and I have heard a number of specimens caught in the Grampians Vic.

You are right there was a live hybrid blue tongue X stumpy tail on display in the Adelaide Museum, l saw 2 on display there between 1992 and 1996, they both were collected from the wild in the Flinders Rangers SA.

Can someone possibly post a link to a picture of one, I've been searching for one for like 2hrs now and still haven't seen one that look like a shingleback X Blue tounge. :/

You would be surprised if you knew how many Shingle x Blueys there are around. I have seen a few

Type in Shingle tongue lizard there is one on utube.
cheers Jason.

521649_2073291690075_1778400222_1003163_1817109860_n.jpgMy sisters recently got back from a trip to cairns where they photographed a Stumpy X Bluey hybrid from the zoo there. Apparently this is it. When I saw the picture I thought it was a western bluey.

Again. My sisters took the photo and apparently its on display at a zoo near cairns as a stumpy bluey hybrid.

I will try and see if i can dig some out. I have also seen that above pic (post 10) before but IMO i dont think thats a shingle x bluey. It looks nothing like the ones i have seen anyway. I would say its blotchy x another bluey sp
Were they wild or captive bred? got any pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back