Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fourexes

Reaction score
I've been lurking for a while and thought it was about time to show off my water python. From what I read may be a bit ambitious for a first snake but I'm committed to making a good handler out of both him and I.

Bred by the_brad. Eats like an absolute champion and acts like a chainsaw when he's in his element. Absolutely inquisitive & loves his water funilly enough! 4 months old and roughly 600mm.

Apologies for the pics I'll have some better ones sooner, or maybe later depending on how long it takes for him to calm down :p

IMG_0354.JPGIMG_0351.JPGIMG_0355.JPG

I'm still not sure who is more un-easy when I open that lid, him or me lol. Slowly getting out of it.

Nice click clack seems pimped out. Congrats you'll want another one in no time.

Hell yeah it's pimped out haha. It's my first so he is spoilt, I already want more. I spent so much effort on that click clack that when the water moves out something else will have to move in! That shall be my excuse anyway.

Thanks very muchly!

It will settle down as it gets older. They get a bad rap but waters can make great first pythons.

It will settle down as it gets older. They get a bad rap but waters can make great first pythons.

Thats good to hear thanks. I have heard that before, I'm guessing the bad ones are bad enough to give them all a bad name :rolleyes: every breed of every animal has their individuals though.

Thanks to everyone for all the positive feedback also. I wouldn't of been confident in owning one without the wealth of knowledge i've found around APS.

Congrats on the new friend, i remember my first snake(wasnt actually that long ago...) no i have to fight the impulse to buy more every time i see something in a shop.
I wish we could have water pythons in WA...

What a cutie! And loving that click clack btw.
I don't think you're being ambitious at all by getting a water. I know quite a few hatchies that are incredibly cage defensive, but once out calm right down. And I've experienced several adults who are as calm as their olive counterparts. They're very quick and active snakes (the ones I've dealt with), but definitely underrated as pets.
You're baby will calm with time, age and handling, don't worry! Keep us updated =)

Aww, very cute, am sure you will both settle in well with the amount of effort and thought you have put into it :)

Few more. Settling in quite nicely. Picked up on Saturday, fed by Monday and handles fair by Thursday, good week. One day I'll be able to capture the colours like Sdaji.
One day soon I'll harden up and get rid of that glove to lol

Attachments

• P5230022.jpg
    P5230022.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 331
  • P5230024.jpg
    P5230024.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 337
  • P5230023.jpg
    P5230023.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 295
I was originally after a femme but decided against it due to the size. However the container 'he' came out of is marked PW2 F which I'm assuming could be a female. It's quite long already.

I need to consult the_brad. Although I'm happy either way.

Very very nice mate. I love how gentle the giant Liasis become, he'll be just like a calm ol' Olive......... Just with a much much bigger water bowl...:lol:.

So jealous.

Now if you don't mind, I'll excuse my self and go brag about the 2 Coastals I just picked up......;)

Nice, my next one will be more than likely either a coastal or a diamond. I'm probably leaning towards the diamond with the cold temps here though. Can't wait to get the water into a bigger enclosure so I can have a bit better control over ambient temps.

Thanks again everyone.

Good one mate ! Ive got 3 quite large waters myself. I always use a hook to get them out !!
Once out ,they are the more placid then a woma. have fun..............

Hey mate nice set up:)
He's a male, the Chinesse container I gave him to u in was what I transported a few to an expo in... They already had airholes in them, I was just being lazy and re using

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back