Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking good !! :D your water dragons look very happy :D

Thanks mate, they all seam to be doing well, but none are eating very much at the moment, maybe partial brumation? finger length EWDs should be eating more than one small cricket a day yes? I'm starting to get a bit worried tbh. :(

I know nothing about EWDs, but would think that they would be eating more. Hopefully someone with more knowledge than I will pop in and help you out.

Good luck hope they start eating more soon !!

Feeder fish in the tank might be good?

Yeah I have 8 colourful guppies, 2 paradise fish and 2 others who's name escapes me at the moment, I got relatively cheep fish incase the dragons want seafood :p

Last edited:
This is awesome! I really REALLY wish i was this creative. It has given me some awesome ideas, i think ill have to work on designing something awesome for my little lizardy friends. I especially love the built in water feature. It is deffinately more aesthetically pleasing than a tub full of water. I MAY have to draw something up and give it a go. You will never know how successful you are going to be until you try...
^ Thats right isnt it? :p
Great job :)

Kayte Xo

This is awesome! I really REALLY wish i was this creative. It has given me some awesome ideas, i think ill have to work on designing something awesome for my little lizardy friends. I especially love the built in water feature. It is deffinately more aesthetically pleasing than a tub full of water. I MAY have to draw something up and give it a go. You will never know how successful you are going to be until you try...
^ Thats right isnt it? :p
Great job :)

Kayte Xo

Absolutely Kayte, this is my first try at building ANYTHING, the main reason I posted this was to encourage people to give it a shot themselves, its easier than it looks! Check out the photo's of my original designs, they really helped me craft this to completion!

Once I'm finished the waterfeature/filter system (hopefully tomorrow) I'll post more in-depth pics on how I have it set up so that the water filter outlet turns the log in the water into a full flowing water feature/waterfall.

Thanks for commenting! :)

Last edited:
Final Picture with everything in and all finished, fish in the water, filter running properly, dragons happy and well fed, reptibark substrate and live plants.

IMG_0220.jpg

Dude, just went through all this thread.. TBH, I hate people that are like "I can't do this, I blow", then come out and make shizz like Jesus! hahaha. I would buy EVERYTHING you've made.. Lol. Everything looks awesome, bro!

I actually AM really 'spesh' myself at making stuff like this, but I just love how it all comes out. Gotta say, you've given me a fair bit of inspiration to do this (besides the $80 for foam, deal.. hahaha, I was thinking "Where the fugg can I rack foam from?!?!". hahahah)

Would look awesome NOT JUST for my EWD, but for my scorps, aswell.

Just chucking in my 2 cents on your last few posts;

I've got a 14-16 week old EWD who was eating like 6 small crickets a day, then I went up to medium and he was smashing like 2, sometimes 3 a day. Only problem with this, though, is that I needed to actually hold the crickets with my tweezers and dangle them infront of his face for him to start getting keen... I still do feed him with my tweezers! If I was to just chuck a cricket in there, 90% of the time he would be keen for it, but wouldn't run around and try and catch them, etc.. lol. He'd act all lazy, but then other days he jumps like 40cm to the ground to mess a crickets day up! haha.

Let us know how you go with yours but, dude.

thats wicked! did you make the rock wall and shelves too?

Yeah made the whole thing myself, it was great finishing it, I felt such an amazing sense of achievement, you can have a look at the first few photos of the drawings, they were my original plans and I sort of just went from there, it changed a bit as I went and found some things worked and others didn't. :)

Dude, just went through all this thread.. TBH, I hate people that are like "I can't do this, I blow", then come out and make shizz like Jesus! hahaha. I would buy EVERYTHING you've made.. Lol. Everything looks awesome, bro!

I actually AM really 'spesh' myself at making stuff like this, but I just love how it all comes out. Gotta say, you've given me a fair bit of inspiration to do this (besides the $80 for foam, deal.. hahaha, I was thinking "Where the fugg can I rack foam from?!?!". hahahah)

Would look awesome NOT JUST for my EWD, but for my scorps, aswell.

Just chucking in my 2 cents on your last few posts;

I've got a 14-16 week old EWD who was eating like 6 small crickets a day, then I went up to medium and he was smashing like 2, sometimes 3 a day. Only problem with this, though, is that I needed to actually hold the crickets with my tweezers and dangle them infront of his face for him to start getting keen... I still do feed him with my tweezers! If I was to just chuck a cricket in there, 90% of the time he would be keen for it, but wouldn't run around and try and catch them, etc.. lol. He'd act all lazy, but then other days he jumps like 40cm to the ground to mess a crickets day up! haha.

Let us know how you go with yours but, dude.

Ive been watching the little rascals lately and they have been eating a bit more and they all seam to be a pretty healthy weight, I want them to remain self sufficient when it comes to getting food so for the most part the crickets are in their enclosure and they can eat whenever they want, occasionally I will hand feed one and they are all taking the hand feed food :)

I would be more than happy making you a small custom feature for your scorpions, just tell me L x H x W of your scorpion enclosure and some ideas for what you want in there and ill make it out of the leftover foam I still have, free but you pay for postage or come pick it up. I can also give you a step by step guide to the build process of that item so you can take the instructions and make something larger for your EWDs :)

IMG_0210.jpg

Rascal finishing off a cricket :)

Last edited:
i did see your drawings. they confused me lol. iv got sheets and sheets of plans for my tv unit conversion. feel free to come and build mine! im stuck on how to do all the actual building stuff lol

I haven't played around with building with wood or anything yet, mine is ALL foam and grout, but its started a passion and now I want to try and build all sorts of things (to varying degrees of success) :)

yer i cant build at all..but im hoping my brothers will do most of that...either that or bribe my uncle haha.

lookin good

Looks good i just finished my first as u no and im trying to sell it to get funds for a mssive rainforest one... next project ill do a step by step like u have here....

Yeah, awesome dude! I've just got one of those EXO TERRA $90 packages for Desert scorpions (pretty sure).. Don't know the dimensions but I can find out pretty easily.. I'm getting some Rainforest scorps in 2 days and I have been thinking about what I can do for them.. I am gonna have something communal, so maybe a number of different little holes in medium sized hide would be alright for atleast 2 to live in (I will have 5). I've got a bunch of little ideas that I would like that would be pretty simple (compared to what you've already done) so I am definitely interested!

Where are you located, man?

Im down in Wollongong, if you give me the exact dimensions and a rough (even a REALLY ROUGH) sketch of what your after ill see what I can do, Ive just started plans on a flexarium for another bloke on here thats going to be held together by magnets, this building thing is great fun :)

As I have recently been in contact with NPWS about keeping wild caught Lampropholis delicata (common garden skinks) and how I am not allowed, all of my garden skinks have been returned to the wild.

Last edited:
Im down in Wollongong, if you give me the exact dimensions and a rough (even a REALLY ROUGH) sketch of what your after ill see what I can do, Ive just started plans on a flexarium for another bloke on here thats going to be held together by magnets, this building thing is great fun :)

As I have recently been in contact with NPWS about keeping wild caught Lampropholis delicata (common garden skinks) and how I am not allowed, all of my garden skinks have been returned to the wild.

It'll be "really rough" whether you like it or not, mate.. hahaha, I am a terrible drawer (yes, even lines).. lol.

I'll hit you back when I get home tomorrow :)

Just got my new scorps today so pretty interested within the next fortnight on purchasing some cool little caves??

I'll draw you a pic tonight and post it when I'm done of something small I am after taht maybe you already have..

Ta.

Pretty sure this is what your after, did you want a divider between sections 2 and 3?

IMG_0247.jpgIMG_0246.jpg

Sorry about the ****ty drawings, its 2am and I've just polished off a bottle of red and 2 valium

That's exactly what I was after, dude.. - and yes, a divider between 2 & 3 is what I'm after..

- and yeah, on the 3rd section, I just want it like carved in so it's a slope that the scorps can walk up, then perhaps on the side of the 1st section, there be a slope going down again. I dunno man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back