Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Karatha is very unlikely Rach85. There used to be a knobhead dealer there once but the few Womas he supplied were captured from the the Munda and Boodarie region.

Boondocker they kinda look like a reduced pattern Topaz.

very, very pretty.

Not really, I seldom collect Womas anymore as the demand has been so low being a cat 4 reptile in W.A, I don't even bother putting them together as I don't want to be stuck with progeny waiting for licence upgrades.

Yes your current reptile laws are crazy. You guys have the best species in aus but your authorities make it so hard.
Just can't understand there way of thinking. Hopefully it changes in the future for you guys.

If you do find or hatch anything crazy you know who to call....... me :)

# On a seperate note.

I would like to say a big thankyou to all the guys & girls that have contributed to this thread and this awesome species.

100 pages 1485 replies and over 92, 735 views. This proves woma's are one of the best species available in AUS regardless of locale.

So if your reading this and don't have a woma or experienced the joys woma's bring to your collection and life.

Do yourself a favour and get one you won't regret it....... :)

Last edited:
hey just a quick question,
my woma is currently my least active snake, temps have been around 17-18 degrees at night in the room, in my woma set up, she has a basking lamp on a timer (on from 6am-5pm), reaching 33-36, and 24 ish on the cool end, then when thats off, a heat matt comes on for the nights, but that only gets the warm end to around 24-25 and cool end can be below 20,she is still eating like a champ,she is about 6 months old too, i know snakes do this in winter, just wanted to put it out there
thanks

AND she has a little patch of retained shed on her eye,but i know you just leave that until her next shed,she just ate then so it doesnt seem to be causing a problem, although she missed her first strike got herself and i had to put her under the tap to let go hahaha love there feeding response, crazy little thing!

Last edited:
LOL Yommy. I knew u of all posters would pick up on the 100 pages achieved by this thread.

A great achievement forumites.

Oh and is it strict rule of thumb to let them settle in for a week before handling or????????

all the womas on these 100 pages are flat out smokein hot so now i have to get me some asap keep the pics comeing !any one breeding these this year pm me

I adore my womas.

Seriously, they have been THE best reptile ambassadors.

One of my best friends used to jump over furniture to get away from my snakes until she got to know my woma Topaz.

She now wants reptile license and states she wants one of Topaz's hatchings when I breed her.

Topaz might be an unremarkable animal by APS standards but she has the ability to calm the fears of the most nervous nay sayer.

I love her.
She's my most favorite animal out of my collection.

Don't sell your Topaz short there Katana they are an awesome line. Thats the only problem with woma's these days there are some many quality lines and locales available :)

@ Ash i take it you were happy with the Tanami and got it? Give it a few days to settle offer a feed from there casual bonding time :)
Looking forward to seeing a few pic's of it :) P.S. watch your fingers, tongs are a wise choice for an excited woma at feeding time....

Hehe my Nihona is a sweetheart, she is off her food tho :( Toruk however is feisty and he is well and truly feeding well! lol

Love is in the air. Do do do, do do do......

e9d4655a.jpg

# On a seperate note.

I would like to say a big thankyou to all the guys & girls that have contributed to this thread and this awesome species.

100 pages 1485 replies and over 92, 735 views. This proves woma's are one of the best species available in AUS regardless of locale.

Yeah Brett you've got a monster thread going here, the best on the entire forum in my opinion.

Boondocker , how about some more pics of those 2 almost patternless womas you hatched out to celebrate 100 pages of womas :) those are really nice i hope they prove out to be inheritable (or how ever you breeders talk)

Boondocker , how about some more pics of those 2 almost patternless womas you hatched out to celebrate 100 pages of womas :) those are really nice i hope they prove out to be inheritable (or how ever you breeders talk)

Sure. They are in shed at this time, so after they shed I'll get some pics.

Coy was out today, so I decided to snap a few.

woma003.jpg

woma004.jpg

Thanks Yommy, I'm very happy with him. He's rather shy atm though, and he isn't exactly "Mr Excitement" at feed time, but I'm hoping he'll grow out of that.

just regarding the question about my womas locale, his parents were wild caught from Karratha, and the breeder has had them for about 6 years.. sent him a message just to find out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back