Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey xmickx - Nice patterns on your little critter. Be interesting seeing how he turns out. You definately came home a winner - Darwins rule...........

Our darwins

Here are our 100% hets!

Attachments

• 052.jpg
    052.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 77
  • 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 72
  • 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 78
  • 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 88
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 72
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 75
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 73
Our newest additions, Romeo and Juliette.

3ce4c574-3d79-97cb.jpg

3ce4c574-3d8c-2544.jpg

Hi folks,

I know that it'll probably say so in this thread but I thought I would just ask and give this thread a bump.

So, what's people's experiences with darwins temperament wise? Do they calm down and become as good natured as the bredli or coastals?

Hi folks,

I know that it'll probably say so in this thread but I thought I would just ask and give this thread a bump.

So, what's people's experiences with darwins temperament wise? Do they calm down and become as good natured as the bredli or coastals?

in my opinion darwins are pretty snappy when young but they quickly settle in when they get a bit of size on them

My albino doesn't even strick at food lol she's so calm. I thought she might have changed after she settled in, but it's been a few months now and and she's still just as calm as the day I got her home.

in my opinion darwins are pretty snappy when young but they quickly settle in when they get a bit of size on them

Sounds like normal behaviour to me. It's just that I read that darwins are generally more aggro than other members of the carpet python complex.

My albino doesn't even strick at food lol she's so calm. I thought she might have changed after she settled in, but it's been a few months now and and she's still just as calm as the day I got her home.

Yeah I've read about this too. For some reason the albino darwins seem to very docile in comparison to their classic brothers and sisters.

My darwin was snappy up until about 6 - 7 months of age - then it was like he'd dropped a velium - sooooo calllmmm. He hasn't bitten in over a year.

I don't think albinos are less snappy then normals. I just think when you get an albino because they are so cool looking, you want to handle it all the time so they just get use to it. As with any snake

Happy Hatchday Splice, 6 months today :)

After seeing your post, i thought about it for a second and checked my snake keeper app and realized mine is 6 moths today as well :) happy hatchday

albino 6 mth.jpgalbino 6 month.jpgalbino.jpg

couple of pics of some animals I picked up a few months ago - i like the bit of a stripe that is happening on the female and the male has the beginnings of a stripe happening so should be nice to pair them up in a year or two.

Cheers,
Dave

Attachments

• female.jpg
    female.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 88
  • male.jpg
    male.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 88
If you got yours off Colin here i'd say they are sibs Dan

Im sorry if I seem like Im being picky or anal here mate :oops: and just thought I mention this issue to avoid any confusion especially since I have pure albino and het lines as well as my albino jag and jag het albino lines that produced some "albino siblings" and "het albino siblings"

I think you might have meant clutchmates brett :)
I personally now use "sibs" or "siblings" to refer to jag clutchmates and "clutchmates" to refer to pure clutchmates. It might seem a minor point but I think its important to be clear these days.

I'm trying to keep distinct labels on animals so as not to confuse exactly what they are, and encouraging others to also do so and try to make it clear if pure or sibling cross. If we can all start using labels like siblings to refer to jag clutchmates (and not pure clutchmates) and maybe clutchmates to refer to pure clutchmates it may hopefully avoid some of the confusion or assumptions people may have.

The albino of yours brett is pure albino from an albino x het albino. Im not really sure who daniel.g is and dont think his darwins were from me. albinos look pretty similar at an early age and most are from SXR stock anyway. Great pics as allways by the way mate.

Thought I'd post a quick question here rather than start a whole new thread. I'd like to know what the signs of an albino Darwin shedding are? One of our two (the male, Romeo) has turned very pale compared to Juliette and we were thinking this was him maybe going into shed? Any info would be great.

Oh and just to keep the thread on track, here's a few snaps of Juliette I posted elsewhere about a week go. Enjoy.

7cbb4c81-0dd4-2ff5.jpg

7cbb4c81-0ded-96ad.jpg

7cbb4c81-0e01-8a4a.jpg

Im sorry if I seem like Im being picky or anal here mate :oops: and just thought I mention this issue to avoid any confusion especially since I have pure albino and het lines as well as my albino jag and jag het albino lines that produced some "albino siblings" and "het albino siblings"

I think you might have meant clutchmates brett :)
I personally now use "sibs" or "siblings" to refer to jag clutchmates and "clutchmates" to refer to pure clutchmates. It might seem a minor point but I think its important to be clear these days.

I'm trying to keep distinct labels on animals so as not to confuse exactly what they are, and encouraging others to also do so and try to make it clear if pure or sibling cross. If we can all start using labels like siblings to refer to jag clutchmates (and not pure clutchmates) and maybe clutchmates to refer to pure clutchmates it may hopefully avoid some of the confusion or assumptions people may have.

The albino of yours brett is pure albino from an albino x het albino. Im not really sure who daniel.g is and dont think his darwins were from me. albinos look pretty similar at an early age and most are from SXR stock anyway. Great pics as allways by the way mate.

All good Colin, appreciate the correction no harm done, I did mean Clutchmates :)

Thought I'd throw my little girl in for good measure;

Bimbo-01.jpgBimbo-04.jpgBimbo-02.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back