carpet, something special

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Albino was definantly an option.
Still may, prob just put her over the male Ax i have hear,though he is no where near as nice

Could you put up a photo of the male? Are they related? Do you have anymore info on the line does she have caramel in her line? The reason she might look lighter is if she's is ghost = caramel x axanthic, she might be a super form of caramel instead of het.

A ghost is a hypo axanthic
You can have Caramel ghost which is a hypo caramel axanthic

IMO the true ghosts in Australia are going to come from a caramel pairing. The problem is we have different genetics in australia to overseas eg ghost corns recessive hypo x recessive axanthic, ghost boa co dom hypo x recessive axanthic. Yes you could use a line breed hypo coastal but IMO they will look different to the 'ghosts' from oversea. If you look at chocolate rats in Australia they look to be the same as overseas chocolate rats but when crossed to other colors has completely different out comes. Just because these snake display axanthic look and are recessive doesn't mean our line of axanthic is going to act the same way as oversea lines. This is why these projects are so exciting...

Last edited:
True caramel striped was my decision, was close to putting it over a Hypo but my caramel has more charactor

Pairing started :) let the games begin,

I'll have 1 female when they hatch Thanks..Just let me know..They will be Gorgous!!!
True caramel striped was my decision, was close to putting it over a Hypo but my caramel has more charactor

Pairing started :) let the games begin,

No worries Coastal-Love

from all my pms, i think ive just about sold all these snakes before they have even bred :)

Here's a pic I took of some hatchlings from my proven axanthics, I put a few in a bucket to show the difference.
There's 2 caramel ghosts (hypo , caramel and axanthic), one normal ghost (hypo and axanthic) and one normal axanthic in there.

Bucketofaxanthics.jpg

This is definately causing a lot of contraversy someone else on this sight was just trying to sell off an "axanthic" carpet but when questioned about history etc etc. there was no reply... In my very honest opinion they do nothing for me its a very grey carpet python just the future breedings of snow albinos that get me going... But in saying that i do appreciate the hard work to finally prove these out... CONGRATS Larks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back