Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads a bit old, what's with the dig ?

- Look on steins website aka stein enclosures. He's done a few since then I think lots of designs on the web page.

Ive posted this in a few different threads now, but its relevant so ill post it again
IMG_0220.jpg
In this setup I have a marbled gecko, a coppertailed skink, an eastern water skink and 5 eastern water dragons, as you can see, 1/3 of the floor of the tank is water, with a few areas for the reptiles to climb out (log, gravel up to surface in the front corner). I have some live plants in the water, as well as around 12 guppies (M+F breeders) 2 paradise fish, 2 platties, 2 bristle nose catfish and 2 other bottom feeders (can't remember the name). I also have 2 large fresh water snails and a frog and I'm about to add a few more water plants (dwarf green rush and Riccia)

I have found the AquaOne Aquis500 filters everything very well, no algae blooms or chemical spikes in the water, the fish are all alive and well, and no one has drowned.

I would recommend a living water area in any terrarium setup, it adds so much to the overall feel and when all my reptiles are asleep or hiding, I can still watch the fish :)

we have done a heap of these since as they are very popular. They work very well in my opinion, and transform an enclosure from great to WOW. Our finest ones all have these including the mother of all enclosures that we are building now....a massive 4 cubic metre croc enclosure with a 700L artificial planted aquarium tree roots and all. This will be the most awesome enclosure we have ever made and I can't wait.

Threads a bit old, what's with the dig ?

- Look on steins website aka stein enclosures. He's done a few since then I think lots of designs on the web page.
just cause the thread's old dont mean it aint worth keeping up.... kids theses days!

hi check this one iv nearly finished its got a 3ft tank in it with a water fall buildind it for juvi water dragonslook 014.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back