Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
URS has them for $700. bite the bullet and spend the extra $100.00

Dam its $800. But thanks for that. That is actually pretty cheap :) Good to know! Does anyone know the quality of their breed. Adult patterns etc?

Dam its $800. But thanks for that. That is actually pretty cheap :) Good to know! Does anyone know the quality of their breed. Adult patterns etc?

just make an offer you might get it for less, if you don't ask bro you'll never know!

They had a few hatchies for sale a few weeks ago for $700 and yearlings for $1300 I think. Give them a call mate and see how you go. Keep us updated though.

They had a few hatchies for sale a few weeks ago for $700 and yearlings for $1300 I think. Give them a call mate and see how you go. Keep us updated though.

Will do mate as now that I have sold my fuel guzzling car I might have a few extra $$$

So...you basically just said "yep, I like the idea of trying to keep and breed animals I probably don't know anything about, nor care about, as long as I think I'm making cash! Awesome idea!"

I don't think cattle breeders care too much about the cattle they sell but obviously it is in their best interests to have healthy stock. An assumption yes, but a savvy snake salesman (alliteration all up in this) would follow the same principle. With tens of thousands of snakes being bred across the world I somehow can't imagine it being beyond OP's grasp to maintain and breed some snakes.

I happen to think money is a very effective motivator. People are so defensive as soon as somebody mentions making money off animals. Odds are he will realise there is little money in small scale operations and a more effective use of time would be getting a job after a clutch or two anyway :lol:

Ps. I think OP would be better off getting an actual job (so I do agree with you in a way), I just fight with the underdog for fun ;)

No i referred to electricity.
Like I said an ABN for website developer for example.
Just a way to cut costs.

LOL tax fraud much?

Just out of curiosity, how much one would pay for an adult, unrelated trio?

Start bidding at $25? :lol:

For me it is a hobby/interest. That I fund with my career. I'm just saving for my panther chameleons and boelens ;)

Last edited:
Yes because it's going to be a huge market for oenpelli pythons.... Jumping the gun I think, havent been caught or breed yet plus how many people can house a scrubby? Not many they will be in the same boat.
Not jumping the gun at all, with permits sorted it's just a matter of time before they're caught and bred. Regardless of the size of the snake they're still going to come into the hobby with a big price tag and there will be plenty willing to pay it.

Yes because there is such a large market for large snakes like scrub pythons. And they still haven't been bred, haven't been caught.... But yes you are right just a matter of time.... Decade plus maybe

Not jumping the gun at all, with permits sorted it's just a matter of time before they're caught and bred. Regardless of the size of the snake they're still going to come into the hobby with a big price tag and there will be plenty willing to pay it.
forgive me if im wrong but i think you will find that Gavin Bedford has caught one oenpelli he is now just trying to catch a mate for it to begin the breeding

Yes because there is such a large market for large snakes like scrub pythons. And they still haven't been bred, haven't been caught.... But yes you are right just a matter of time.... Decade plus maybe

Sure, they wont be as sought after as albino olives and GTPs but just keep an eye on the price tag when the first few generations are made available to private keepers. We're talking about investment reptiles so I'm just staying relevant to the topic. As Thomas said he's already got one, shouldn't be long until he gets more (I know if I had the permit I wouldn't be sitting at home twiddling my thumbs!). A decade or more maybe but that's nothing and unless some unusual mutations pop up in the meantime I don't think there will be many other big money spinners in between now and then.

Just because he has caught (let's say female) doesn't mean just because he catches a male they are going to breed... Look at bhp and olives, they are only in recent years being breed regularly. I wouldn't be counting my chickens before the hatch ask sr about that...(albino spotted last season)

Just because he has caught (let's say female) doesn't mean just because he catches a male they are going to breed... Look at bhp and olives, they are only in recent years being breed regularly. I wouldn't be counting my chickens before the hatch ask sr about that...(albino spotted last season)
i wasn't saying that they would breed easy , i no very little about breeding , i was just pointing out that to my knowledge Gavin Bedford already has one oenpelli in his possession and the project is underway so all the best to him i say why whinge about what his doing in other aspects of the project , that was all

Why whinge? Who was? All I pointed out is they won't be investment animal as I don't think there will be a long term market for them once the hype is gone. And also the project is a fair way off and still alot of fingers crossed.

GTP's are the way to go...

The guy who I bought my Woma off had about 6-8 breeding pairs of GTP and the amout of money people were offering him for hatchies was insane ($1500 - $3000).

Yep and reguardless of whether the price drops in the nxt 5-10 years he could still have at least 50 babies a year (off 6-8 breeding pairs) and you laughing with a min of 75000 there. I think that covers the electricity, housing and food cost each year LOL! Just don't let the tax department find out his possibly making much! Would be a happy man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back