Hello Old friends

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

guzzo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hello to all my APS friends,

I have been away for a while (I often go walkabout) Anyhow I have been busy continuing my bladesmithing journey. Here is some of my latest works.

The dagger is made from an old car spring and the small knife is forged from a chainsaw chain (yes the chain) I forge welded it together into a solid bar before forging it into a blade.

I still love my snakes (my albinos mated this year) but I have been busy learning the old art of fire and steel.View attachment 259518View attachment 259521View attachment 259520View attachment 259522View attachment 259519

Last edited:
BLOODY GOOD WORK!!! very impressed by your skills

Guzzo! Nice to see your name on the screen again :). They're awesome mate. Any plans to sell them?

Yeah mate...people would buy them, they look very impressive....would love to see when you have created a large blade :)

Did you go to the blacksmithing conference at Port Macquarie a couple of weeks ago?

that is absolutely amazing man! one day you will be able to make samurai swords and other wicked looking knives, what an amazing skill and art to learn!

luv your work!
Mo

Guzzo! Nice to see your name on the screen again :). They're awesome mate. Any plans to sell them?

Hi There Sax,

I have never sold a knife. I made a few for presents though. I consider myself as an apprentice though there is no apprenticeship. Blacksmithing is an art and bladesmithing is a specialized form of blacksmithing. At this stage i am learning hammer control ,heat treating and fit and finish of the completed blades.The chainsaw blade can cut a sliver from my vice handle without any blade damage so i feel i am on the right path.

I am sorry i have been a bit of a stranger but I always seem to return. I have some stories to post as well as some questions about snake breeding.

Keep safe,
Rob

Did you go to the blacksmithing conference at Port Macquarie a couple of weeks ago?

No Mate, I am in Darwin but I would have love to have gone

Good to see you back guzzo! knives are looking awesome...

Thanks heaps, Hope all is well

that is absolutely amazing man! one day you will be able to make samurai swords and other wicked looking knives, what an amazing skill and art to learn!

luv your work!
Mo

Thanks Mo. I want to one day make a broadsword ...or 5. A meat cleaver is my next project I think.

Yeah mate...people would buy them, they look very impressive....would love to see when you have created a large blade :)

Hey there I will post it for sure when i do

Great work mate, Gordo will be jealous lol.

Hahaha Good old Gordo. I must make contact and see what he has been up to!

Last edited:
Nico one guzzo. What made you think of using chain saw chain? Geez do I throw a lot of old ones away at work!

Welcome back to the 'fold' Guzzo! Nice to have you back!

Awesome work with the blades - those things are pieces of art! :)

All the best,
Carolyn

Hi Wally,

Part of bladesmithing is being able to weld steel together by fire and hammer. This was a good project to practice these skills. The chainsaw chain has a nice mix of high carbon steel which make a great blade.

Welcome back to the 'fold' Guzzo! Nice to have you back!

Awesome work with the blades - those things are pieces of art! :)

All the best,
Carolyn

Hey Thanks Carolyn,

I hope to have some more to post soon. Hard keeping up with the amount of charcoal I burn though!

I was going to say Hi Guzz, knives are boring but I'm actually
very impressed. Well done.

Hahha thanks ,

We all need knives Darlyn...though I do agree many knives are boring....that being said ...even a boring knife is well appreciated when you need to cut something.

well done mate and welcome back

my old man could prbably get hold of tonnes of old chains if ya want them, he works selling stihl, honda and john deere

Wow, what a fantastic art, and what great pieces! I particularly like your dagger :)

All I can think of is blacksmithing in video games...I bet the real thing is much better!

All I can think of is blacksmithing in video games...I bet the real thing is much better!

Look up some Youtube videos of people doing it. I ended up watching hours of videos one night. It's fascinating and almost hypnotic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back