Anyone have any chameleons?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Susannuh

Not so new Member
Reaction score
If so what type? :)

In the last picture (look in the background haha)

468a6a54-40de-803a.jpg

468a6a54-40fd-c8ae.jpg

468a6a54-4118-d559.jpg

none here in aus as they are exotic and illegal, but there will still be many here who can identify him/her :)
its very cute tho

You may not get many responses as we have no chameleons native to Australia and as such we are not allowed to keep them. I'm not saying no one has them but I doubt they would put their hands up.
I used to have some when I lived in South Africa and I do miss them, I just don't feel it's worth the risk to our native wild life.

that guy has stunning patterns. you were lucky to get snaps like that richo,

op, they are amazing.. whats their personalitys like?? Panther chameleons??

none here in aus as they are exotic and illegal, but there will still be many here who can identify him/her :)
its very cute tho

Oh gosh I'm so sorry. I didn't know! I'm from the states. Don't worry though these guys are c.b. and live a very spoiled life haha.

she meant did we have any and if so what type do we have, not what hers is :p

heres my illegal guy, (dont tell anyone !!!)

Common Chameleon (Chamaeleo chamaeleon) by richoman_europe, on Flickr

Common Chameleon (Chamaeleo chamaeleon) by richoman_europe, on Flickr

Oh he's beautiful I'm jealous! :D

that guy has stunning patterns. you were lucky to get snaps like that richo,

op, they are amazing.. whats their personalitys like?? Panther chameleons??

It honestly kind of depends on their locale, the male that I have is an ambanja and he is absolutely a handful. He's the biggest ham you've ever seen and he ALWAYS wants to eat and be out and exploring so that's what we let him do! Meanwhile our female ambilobe is really shy and laid back. She just likes being in her cage resting(our old male was the same way too). I'm not too sure about the nosy bes but from what I've seen they seem to be pretty active like the ambanjas.

Last edited:
Here is our female Yemen. I will try and get a good one of the male but he just wants to climb onto the camera. :)
DSC_3939.jpg

Beautiful ! Probably the only exotic I'd ever love to own, apart from a Kerry King Jag (which is still, technically, an exotic).

There are just so many reptiles from every corner of the globe I want and I am going to do my best to get as many as I can :)

The UK are lucky in my opinion as most reptiles wouldn't survive if they escaped so you can keep exotics with out worrying about the impact on native wild life.

this thread is torture. like putting a kid in a room of candy and saying not to eat any! They are on my dream list. I think they are awesome

Here is our female Yemen. I will try and get a good one of the male but he just wants to climb onto the camera. :)
DSC_3939.jpg

Beautiful! We just rescued a baby veiled from a child that was just going to let her die in the cage or ship her. She was so dehydrated, sick and had an awful case of metabolic bone disease that she would've died in shipping. But now she's doing much better! Hopefully she'll be able to climb again.

There are just so many reptiles from every corner of the globe I want and I am going to do my best to get as many as I can :)

Haha that's how I feel since they're passing so many laws on snakes now. But at least hopefully the Burmese will now be under control. It's sad that some people don't think about how it will effect our wild life, and just throw snakes outside to get rid of them.

Last edited:
hey how did you guys get these camelions? would you know if we can get one?

I got to handle a chameleon...AND DROPPED IT!!! They just dont have the same traction as the aussie lizards :oops:. very cool though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back