DOArodents ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Has anyone used these guys as a food source ? Can you recommend them ?

Their prices seem reasonable. My current supplier, apart from being a fair bit more expensive, seems to be very inconsistent with the sizing. eg. One time I might buy 10 fuzzies, the largest maxing out at 25g, and then the next time the largest will max out at like 12g. So I am paying the same amount of money for less food. This isn't a one-off thing, either, it's happening all the time. Just seems ridiculous. As this is a shop, it is not necessarily their fault, as they are being supplied from someone else, but nonetheless, I am seeking out a different source.

If anyone can recommend a better source (that is feasible to me, being in the Macarthur area) then please post here, or feel free to PM me.

I have used DOA they are very good , great prices , easy to deal with and fast delivery highly recommend them

Thanks Peter. How does the postage work ? I mean, do they deliver within a certain timeframe, can you nominate it, etc. ?

Those weight seem way too high for fuzzie mice and very short for fuzzie rats. Are you chasing rats or mice?

I'm currently buying weaner & fuzzy rats and hopper mice.

At times, the weaners have not been much bigger than the fuzzies.

At the moment my weekly feed consists of 3 weaner rats, 1 fuzzy rat & 2 hopper mice. Apart from being quite costly, my animals are getting inconsistent (sized) meals. I'm sure that doesn't bother them too much, but it's not really value for money, IMO.

I'm currently buying weaner & fuzzy rats and hopper mice.

At times, the weaners have not been much bigger than the fuzzies.

At the moment my weekly feed consists of 3 weaner rats, 1 fuzzy rat & 2 hopper mice. Apart from being quite costly, my animals are getting inconsistent (sized) meals. I'm sure that doesn't bother them too much, but it's not really value for money, IMO.

Wait till one day your defrosting up to 50 medium rats per feed..............:shock:
Now thats costly :lol:

I have used them but for some reason my snakes refuse the rats from DOA.... not quite sure why but

Wait till one day your defrosting up to 50 medium rats per feed..............:shock:
Now thats costly :lol:

LOL I can imagine. I'd be paying double rent too cos there's no way the missus would have me. ;)

Still when I'm paying $26+ per week now when I could be paying $13.20 (at DOA prices), I consider that costly.

I emailed DOA Rodents on the 7th of this month,rung 2 times (says the person was unavailable) and left a text - all for a quote for about $1000 worth of rats and no reply. I am trying to source my order locally as freight was a bit high but - if that falls through Wokka emailed me a reply within the day :p

I have bought from DOA rodents in the past but I always do a pick up so can't tell you about postage time. Easy transaction, email was always responded to promptly and mice/rats are fresh.

I get my rodents from Tony, he's a really top bloke. Always looks after me, if i'm after a specific weight he'll cull them at that size for me. All his rodents are top notch, freshly culled, clean and nice and fed on high quality food. I highly recommend using him

Those weight seem way too high for fuzzie mice and very short for fuzzie rats. Are you chasing rats or mice?

Tony's rats are alot bigger then many other sources, not sure if its the strain of rats he breeds, But at the end of the day if you want to give your snake 20g rats, just ask him for them and he'll get you sorted

I emailed DOA Rodents on the 7th of this month,rung 2 times (says the person was unavailable) and left a text - all for a quote for about $1000 worth of rats and no reply. I am trying to source my order locally as freight was a bit high but - if that falls through Wokka emailed me a reply within the day :p

He's flat out at work atm, so he's a bit slow to respond, he normally gets back to me the day or next day after I email

Last edited:
Cheers for the replies, guys !

I get my rodents from Tony, he's a really top bloke.
He's flat out at work atm, so he's a bit slow to respond, he normally gets back to me the day or next day after I email

Yeah, I shot him an email but no response so far. Does he have a shopfront that I can just rock up to, or is it by appointment only ?

I'm not sure, i've never picked up, only ever had them delivered. I think giving him a call outside work hours (5-7pm) is your best bet, like I said when I talked to him a week or so ago he has been flat out at work lately

Have had 2 deliveries and yes at times he busy at work but i did get the order and great quality...unfortunately he short of mice at the mo and ive had to find anuva source that delivers free up to me but as yet i cant comment due to my delivery is not till next sunday....But like i said DOA r fine and c how i go with me mice delivery :D

I've used DOA and couldn't be happier. It was cheaper to buy off them and get the rats posted to Brisbane (which were all still completely frozen when they arrived), than buy from the local suppliers I could find up here.

iv used him about 5 times now
i pickup from his house or he meets me closer to mine when hes out here
nice and easy to deal with
i tried to call the other day but he was busy so i decided just to buy my own supermice to breed haha

just keep trying i guess

ive used them a few times, they were delivered to my door very quickly and were the cleanest looking rats ive ever had the pleasure of feeding my snakes. Very happy indeed! :p

I highly recommend DOA's Tony, I bought many times from him. On weekends I text him what I'm after around noon, then go pick up the order when he's home - usually 6-7pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back