Stein Enclosure... Whats all the fuss about!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys , I am contemplating a Stein enclosure at the moment but I have one main concern about night time heating , can I ask you guys what you decided to do about night time heating?

I bought one of Ben's enclosures earlier in the year. Its the one with the large log running diagonally from top to bottom and has an aquarium in it. Ben is fantastic to deal with could not have asked for anything more and the enclosure is worth the money. When you buy from Ben you know it is going to be top quality.

I bought one of Ben's enclosures earlier in the year. Its the one with the large log running diagonally from top to bottom and has an aquarium in it. Ben is fantastic to deal with could not have asked for anything more and the enclosure is worth the money. When you buy from Ben you know it is going to be top quality.
Hey jeffa, you should put a picture up so I can have a look:)
cheers Dave

Absolutely amazing, I love natural looking enclosures like these, A beautiful snake must have an equal enclosure

If u dont mind me asking, whats something like that go for? I am extremely interested in getting one from there but the prices on site leave alot open and when i emailed him he barely responded.
Barely responded?? I'm sorry to hear that...what did you ask me? If you ask me specific questions i will give you specific answers haha. The standard Large GTP costs $1590 inclusive of everything. This one is about 10cm wider and 15 cm deeper than the standard though..

If u dont mind me asking, whats something like that go for? I am extremely interested in getting one from there but the prices on site leave alot open and when i emailed him he barely responded.
Barely responded?? I'm sorry to hear that...what did you ask me? If you ask me specific questions i will give you specific answers haha. The standard Large GTP costs $1590 inclusive of everything. This one is about 10cm wider and 15 cm deeper than the standard though..

- - - Updated - - -

Wicked enclosure, I'd love to get one done for my massive female scrubbie!

We are making one for a scrubbie in the near future..

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Hi guys , I am contemplating a Stein enclosure at the moment but I have one main concern about night time heating , can I ask you guys what you decided to do about night time heating?

we can provide night heating , but usually only customers down south need it.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the positive comments everyone..we aim to please....

Last edited:
you alright just_plain_nuts , thats alot of re posting :)

The new (?) editing feature messes things up.

The large dedicated gtp enclosure photo on the site doesn't link correctly when clicked on. It doesnt go the fuller version.

Does anyone happen to have a bigger pic of the large gtp eclosure?

Thanks

The large dedicated gtp enclosure photo on the site doesn't link correctly when clicked on. It doesnt go the fuller version.

Does anyone happen to have a bigger pic of the large gtp eclosure?

Thanks
My picture is the large one

Just_Plain_Nuts, Is this theory of only daytime heating for snakes of all ages or just adult snakes? Also I take it that you stop feeding your snakes during the colder winter months if you only provide daytime heat? I have emailed you with what I am looking at getting and am really keen still but just wanted to see what other people were doing about night heating. I was also very impressed with how fast you replied to my email.

This is Ben's one but mine is basically the same only the aquarium is a bit smaller in mine. I dont have a decent picture of mine its a bit hard with the glare from the window near it.View attachment 263176
Hope the attachment works.

bugger you can look on his site anyway it should be on there. I have a jungle in it at the moment until my albino darwin grows up then i will put her in it instead.

I brought a fake rock ledge off him about 1 1/2 years ago I think and it was amazing and quite cheap considering the awesome quality which is the most important factor to me(quality that is)

Just_Plain_Nuts, Is this theory of only daytime heating for snakes of all ages or just adult snakes? Also I take it that you stop feeding your snakes during the colder winter months if you only provide daytime heat? I have emailed you with what I am looking at getting and am really keen still but just wanted to see what other people were doing about night heating. I was also very impressed with how fast you replied to my email.
A lot of people will disagree with me but everyone has an opinion. My reptiles only get daytime heating, always have . I feed them right through winter and they always eat and stay healthy. A lot will say to heat them 24 hours a day when they are young and there is nothing wrong with this. This is just my opinion though but they dont get night heating in nature and they survive just fine...if it is too cold a season to eat then they wont. as long as you provide them with a consistent and predictable heat pattern. But if you were to for example provide them with heating and then feed them and deprive them of this heating when they expect it they will have problems with digestion. But this is my opinion only and they are far more qualified people to answer this...i'm just working on logic...

A lot of people will disagree with me but everyone has an opinion. My reptiles only get daytime heating, always have . I feed them right through winter and they always eat and stay healthy. A lot will say to heat them 24 hours a day when they are young and there is nothing wrong with this. This is just my opinion though but they dont get night heating in nature and they survive just fine...if it is too cold a season to eat then they wont. as long as you provide them with a consistent and predictable heat pattern. But if you were to for example provide them with heating and then feed them and deprive them of this heating when they expect it they will have problems with digestion. But this is my opinion only and they are far more qualified people to answer this...i'm just working on logic...

Nobody can say you are wrong if you have tried something and it works and most of the time there is more than one way to skin a cat , it also sounds like pretty good logic to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back