Plastic Sliding Doors.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cowdroy do the tracks, according to their site it's called Plastic Cabinet Track.

Bunnings stock it, apparently.

stock these tracks ?, if they do that would be good because i could get them and the melamine at the same time and check that the tracks the same witdh of the melamine :), also when ordering the glass, how much overlap shouldd i allow ?

Bunnings definately stock it bought some the other day cost me $26 bunnings will also cut your melamine to size normally at no charge

the closest bunnings is in taren point, shame i was there today lol, how much and where do i get glass in sydney ??

Last edited:
I use acrylic sliding doors on tracks for one of my enclosures first night in he got his head through the overlap and out of the enclosure! he got stuck and couldn't get the rest of his body out. He hasn't attempted an another escape after that little midnight antic. If he was any smaller he would most definitely of gotten out. To give you a better idea, the tracking sets the overlap at 2mm and my bredli (thickest part of the body being roughly about the size of a 20c piece) got stuck just before his thickest abdominal area. So what ever you do, don't put a small snake in there.
Other than that the acrylic is perfect! its so easy to pull out and clean, doesn't have glare like glass, and is cheap!

The sliding door locks will stop the Perspex from opening, it WON'T stop the snake from pushing on it enough to flex the acrylic doors apart and escape. You say your tank is 1 metre - I assume that's the length, which is irrelevant it's the height of the tank you need to consider and I don't know where you guys source your Perspex but I can get 5mm float glass cheaper than Perspex.
It's been said before but sort the tank first, WITH doors and a locking device, run the heating and lighting for a week, as if your snake were in there and monitor temps each day. You'll be surprised how much the temp can rise once everything in the tank is warm.

I'd like to hear more detail of how you plan to set this up, youre still buying melamine and glass track, so you're not ready for your snake, I'd rather see people talk you through every single step of setting this up rather than read another "lost" or "why did he die" thread

I am not getting the snake for a while yet, im gunna get the glass set up first, and the temps and that, thanks heaps tho ! :)

^^^ Well said Jax

Thanks, i know i havent been on here much lately but reading this thread has made me shake my head, I know that benji has made many threads on here and has been slammed on quite a few of them, and told not to make so many different threads, but when did APS become such an elite group of keepers that they cant help a school kid on his quest to keep a reptile ??? (or am i the only one who bothered to check his profile when it seemed that there was an element of youth in his threads, and discovered his occupation is listed as 'school' ! ! )

YES i know he's received information via a thread and was given a caresheet and instruction on enclocure setups but it obviously hasnt sunk in. not everyone understands everything that is thrown at them,

I'll happily help Benji, he is still looking for answers so i'll keep answering them where i can, i'm a mum, i'm use to repeating myself in the endevour to teach the younger generation ! ! LOL

I know there always seem to be threads asking basic questions but i do hate it when people just put a post on there saying 'do your research' when that is exactly what the OP is doing ! and who can honestly say that the search function on APS is the most accurate and user friendly function ?

Ask away Benji, at least then when something goes wrong, you wont get bomarded with posts saying 'why didnt you ask' ! !

Ok, you answered before i finished typing :)
have you got the tank plugged in and warming up , if so do you have all the cages for lights, and thermostat set up...... what temp is the heatmat ? (not what temp do you have the thermostat set at) and incase it hasnt already been said.... do not put anything on top of the heat mat (or under it) that is likely to scorch or catch fire, two tiles, under and over it and no kitty litter or mulch near it....

How far have you got as far as setting it up ?

DONT start another thread, lets try keeping all your info in one spot, i'll make sure i check back regularly to make sure you're getting the info you need, i dont keep womas but you have their heat requirements on the care sheet you have, how to set it up is the same for all ground dwellers

Jax

Last edited:
Hey jax, thanks sooo much :), umm i have an infared globee( with light cage ) i havee a heat mat hooked up to the same switching thermostat, thats where i am at, i will get some substrate, waterbowls, hides and climbing sticks at a later date :), i will rise the tracks on some melamine to keep substrate in and glass price down :) thaanks again sam :)

Happy to help where i can, dunno about the rest of the members, :)

what wattage are the heat mat and globe, ?
what sort of substrate are you thinking of using ?

PS i'll keep calling you Benji,

Jax

can you post a pic of the tank as it is now and tell us where the heat lamp, light and vents are going, it will make it easier if we all understand what you have.

how high is the tank,

i'm disappearing for a little while but i'll be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back