Snake Ranch Releasing Albino Spotteds Again???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptileaddiction

Reaction score
It appears Snake Ranch are releasing albino spotted pythons again this year in their 20/20 offer. After all the dramas they had last year they put out correspondence that stated,
style="width: 100%"
|- style="line-height: 19px"
| align="center" style="line-height: 19px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; text-align: left" |
align="center" id="ecxtopMessageWrapper" style="width: 550px"
|- style="line-height: 16px"
| style="line-height: 16px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px" |
style="width: 550px"
| style="line-height: 16px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px" |
| valign="top" width="96%" style="line-height: 16px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; background-color: rgb(227, 227, 227); color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px" |
| valign="top" style="line-height: 16px; padding-top: 23px; padding-right: 23px; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 23px; background-color: rgb(227, 227, 227); color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px" |
| style="line-height: 16px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 0px; border-bottom-color: transparent; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-bottom-style: none; border-left-color: transparent; border-left-width: 0px; border-left-style: none; border-top-color: transparent; border-top-width: 0px; border-top-style: none; border-right-color: transparent; border-right-width: 0px; border-right-style: none; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px" | 'We will only offer these when we believe the line is more viable'

|-

|-

|-

|-

|-

|-

So what happened? What did I miss? They haven't had any more hatch out since then, so how can they believe the line is more viable? They've also removed the newsletter on their site in which they stated all the issue they were having.

Oh yeah, I asked if they would have one of them this year for sale!!!! They said they didn't have any but were hoping for some in future :(

This is the the details they provided 30 December last year.

|- style="line-height: 19px"
| align="center" style="line-height: 19px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; text-align: left" |
align="center" id="ecxtopMessageWrapper" style="width: 550px"
| style="line-height: 16px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px" |
style="width: 550px"
| style="line-height: 16px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px" |
| valign="top" width="96%" style="line-height: 16px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; background-color: rgb(227, 227, 227); color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px" |
| valign="top" style="line-height: 16px; padding-top: 23px; padding-right: 23px; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 23px; background-color: rgb(227, 227, 227); color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px" |
| style="line-height: 16px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 0px; border-bottom-color: transparent; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-bottom-style: none; border-left-color: transparent; border-left-width: 0px; border-left-style: none; border-top-color: transparent; border-top-width: 0px; border-top-style: none; border-right-color: transparent; border-right-width: 0px; border-right-style: none; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px" | Mixed results for the albino 'mac' project: We had anticipated producing a reasonable number of albino macs this year, but our star white male (and up until now the only albino Antaresia – mac or otherwise, that we have seen) had other ideas, and for the first time in three years, did not make a good showing in the reproductive stakes – producing only one small clutch despite being paired with four able and willing heterozygous females. If that wasn’t bad enough, the heterozygous males and females that we paired produced a much smaller than the anticipated 1:4 ratio of white to normal looking young (closer to 1:12) while at the same time a proportion of each of the three clutches of eggs produced died during incubation, suggesting the possibility of a lethal gene combination associated with the recessive genetic condition that suppresses melanin production. With this in mind, we are going keep the very few white young produced, as these may in fact be (relatively) genetically advantaged. We will continue to outbreed, and hopefully will be able to produce more robust albinos in the next year or two. We will only offer these when we believe the line is more viable. This unfortunate outcome is especially disappointing as we know how devastated those people who ordered albinos will be. Deposits will of course be immediately repaid.

|-

|-

|-

|-

|-

|-

well thats a bummer oh well, they will come in time haha

reptileaddiction - you just posted the answer to your own question

" We will continue to outbreed, and hopefully will be able to produce more robust albinos in the next year or two. We will only offer these when we believe the line is more viable. "

that part :)

How is that answering my own question? They may have out crossed them, but if they haven't produced any more yet, how can the believe the line is more viable? They are offering them again this year!?

well what is your question then

from what i can tell your wondering what happened to make the line more viable , yes , they may not have had more hatch since last year but that doesnt mean that they cant produce a good few good clutches from what they have

snake ranch offers snakes for sale that havent hatched , thats what they do , if your not cool with the idea then dont put a deposit on any of their animals

the point i was making about the answer being in what you posted was that it said right there that they may release some in the next year or 2 , that was last year so its been a year now , the article you posted was their reason for not releasing any from last year that doesn't mean they cant try again this year

Last edited:
I wonder how much interest they can make on all these 20% deposits they hold.

they arnt the only ones breeding albino ants this year. i wonder where the best price will be

Dont worry about prices, its the genetic viability thats a problem,before you go paying thousands for hets see some solid results, healthy albino juveniles.

they arnt the only ones breeding albino ants this year. i wonder where the best price will be

Price doesn't matter if the animals never materialise!

Price doesn't matter if the animals never materialise!

- - - Updated - - -

What is better? A cheap animal which doesn't exist or a dearer one which does?

They breed them back to possible hets and then non hets to make more hets for new blood and grow them up to breed back to the mother/father or who ever held the gene in the first place to make the line stronger.
They had a really bad year last year with fertility, incubation and bad feeders, I didn't get the pair of bhps I put my deposit on and that's the story I was told.

They did mention last season there were a few hatchies that were healthy, however it was poor result compared to what they expected. I'm assuming they're at a point where they're willing to release those stronger ones from this season hatchies.

quote from snake ranch's email that went out this week:

With egg-laying season well upon us, we are very excited with the apparent success story shaping up for this year’s Albino Mac project.We had anticipated producing a reasonable number of albino macs last year, but our star white male – ‘Ribald Rodney’ (and up until now the only albino Antaresia – mac or otherwise, that we have seen) had other ideas, did not make a good showing in the reproductive stakes – producing only one small clutch despite being paired with four able and willing heterozygous females.So far the project is looking favourable this year. We have had several 100% het to 100% het pairings, also Ribald Rodney was more enthusiastic with his four chosen females this year. We look forward to sharing our results late January/early February 2013.

Is the question - are females fathered by the albino heterozygous?
Is the albinism trait heretible, and if so how?
Perhaps the Albino trait carrys with it other undesirable traits such as low libido/fertility, as appears to be the case with many Albino Olives.

Dont worry about prices, its the genetic viability thats a problem,before you go paying thousands for hets see some solid results, healthy albino juveniles.

There has been a fair amount of money paid out for the "100%HETS", now if they dont actually produce any albino offspring from the het to het matings there could well be a fraud action commenced!

I know of a couple gravid females at the moment, It will be an interesting time indeed!

Last edited:
There has been a fair amount of money paid out for the "100%HETS", now if they dont actually produce any albino offspring from the het to het matings there could well be a fraud action commenced!

I know of a couple gravid females at the moment, It will be an interesting time indeed!
There are a few DRAMA QUEENS in this thread and although l wouldn't know anyone from snakeranch if l fell over them IMO they have a very good name in the hobby and appear to have had a minor hiccup with which they have kept people informed but some of you ppl seem hell bent on making something out of it........solar 17 (Baden)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back