Emerald Tree Boa.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Retic

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
This is my female Surinam Emerald Tree Boa, I have wanted to work with these for a very long time but until now I havent had the opportunity so when I was offered a pair of young adults I jumped at the chance. It is so interesting that these snakes almost exactly mirror the Green Tree Python right down to the fact that the babies are red and go through an ontogenic colour change as they age and even the way the drape themselves over a branch.

Attachments

• 20120910_090604-1.jpg
    20120910_090604-1.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 188
Very nice.

I like their body, but I'm not a fan of their head. The heat pits just don't look right to me.
I herd they are quite aggressive, is that true?

Gorgeous animals, but they have a seriously nasty bite. The teeth on them are more like something out of Jurassic Park. They must have knocked your beer money back a bit though, but then again how could you say no to a pair of young adults! Most that come up are either neonates or old singles.

Best of luck with them - and may we see lots of young ones in future!

They can definitely be aggressive but they are part of a breeding project so their temperament isnt too important. They have teeth about 1/2 an inch long.
I love the look of their heads but I am a huge Boa fan. :)

I went to the Hamm show last weekend in Germany and I was honestly like a kid in a candy store, after being so restricted for years I am making up for lost time.

I went to the Hamm show last weekend in Germany and I was honestly like a kid in a candy store, after being so restricted for years I am making up for lost time.
I'm almost in the same boat. I'm saveing up for my next chondro. I love and hate expos. I get to see a great deal of verry high class reptiles that i cant afford. Its still a good experience and i get to meet fellow herpers.

Ash, How often is Hamm held? Is there a date list for next year? When are you getting some funky geckos or monitors?

Danny

Hi mate, yes we are all well and enjoying the new found freedom :)

Awesome Ash !! hope you are well !!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Dan, Hamm is now held 4 times a year, every 3 months. Hopefully I will be doing them all as part of my 'work' LOL. They really do blow your mind, the amazing choice not only animals but also equipment, books etc. My next show is Houten Snake Day in Holland next month, not quite as big as Hamm but apparently more lizards. I have Green and Blue Tree Monitors on my list, the same breeder as these Boas has them but I need to sort out suitable cages first. One of my boys wants to get into Leopard Geckos but other than those and maybe some Leachianus thats about it.

Ash, How often is Hamm held? Is there a date list for next year? When are you getting some funky geckos or monitors?

Danny

@ boa Rhacodactylus is one of my favorite genuses of geckos. I have wanted a leachie for years. They are really easy to care for aswell. Verry cheap to feed. I have four Rhacodactylus ciliatus and I only spent 20$ every 3 monthes to feed them. The best part is you dont need any heat source for them. Room temp is perfect for them.
Edit: It seems like our wish list is damn near the same. ive allways wanted green,blue,and yellow tree moniters aswell.

I love the tree monitors, there were some absolute beauties at Hamm, if they are Houten I have have to bring one home :)

Congrats Ash, always one of my favorites! It is amazing the similarity between the species eh! Well, think of me if you get your hands on a pair of Epicrates cenchria, another of my all time favorites!

Thanks mate, im really looking forward to working with these. I saw some amazing Rainbows at the Hamm show and they are one of my favourites as well. We are off to another show next weekend so I might have a look for some real Brazilian Rainbows.

Congrats Ash, always one of my favorites! It is amazing the similarity between the species eh! Well, think of me if you get your hands on a pair of Epicrates cenchria, another of my all time favorites!

Dan, I am working with one of the biggest breeders in Europe so I am forced to attend all the shows :)

Ash, What 'work' are you doing that requires you to attend reptile shows ?

you lucky bastard! haha! Almost limitless choice in animals to keep....

Do you have any pictures from the expos? Would love to see some if you can be bothered posting them.

Cheers,
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back