4WD day out

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mysnakesau

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
I LOVE bushbashing. A little disappointed I didn't see much about but to see these guys out and about makes it a worthwhile day out.

Who's hiding in the tree?
054-1.jpg

Peek-a-boo. It's me - Your Local Lace Monitor
055-3.jpg

059-4.jpg

I tried so hard to steady my new zoom lens, it has some weight in it-
051-2.jpg

Saw some water dragons, too. And Skippy..
043-4.jpg

032-3.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome, jealous you saw a Lacie, such a gorgeous looking Monitor and my second favourite native Monitor :p
Nice looking water dragon too. Love the Kangaroo, did you see her Joey at all?

You cant beat a good day of 4x4 bushbashing with a few natives thrown in !!!
On our last day out around Colo all we saw all day was the most unexpected , Grandpa /ma / 2 sons /2 daughters / and 3 grandkids on horse back . Not that un common in the bush but they were a lovley chinese family . we had lunch with them and then all went our seperate ways !! not a herp to be seen all day : (

well wasnt exactly expecting that from the thread title , i clicked expecting to see pics of 4wd bogged up to their shazzy and what not , very nice none the less :)

yyyyeeeeewwwww , did it end up floating ? (doesnt really look deep enough though) i did that with an old landcrusier luckly it was on its last legs anyway and had become a paddock basher , the back end started floating then it was all over , sunk eventually but not before it stalled and got completely flooded , i was trying to prove to a mate that it could drive through his dam , turns out he was right it wouldnt

Always great to get out bush every now n then! Love the lacy pics :D

well wasnt exactly expecting that from the thread title , i clicked expecting to see pics of 4wd bogged up to their shazzy and what not , very nice none the less :)

I did come across a big mud pool but since I forgot to take my mobile phone did not attempt to cross it. Last time I did that my two daughters had to push our car out - mind you that was a two wheel drive. I now have a 4WD which I have not enough experience with to be confident with what it can handle. I'd love to trek through water like that.

I did come across a big mud pool but since I forgot to take my mobile phone did not attempt to cross it. Last time I did that my two daughters had to push our car out - mind you that was a two wheel drive. I now have a 4WD which I have not enough experience with to be confident with what it can handle. I'd love to trek through water like that.
yea ive come to a few crossings ive passed up , mainly because i dont want to wreak my car if something goes wrong , like roll it off the side of the track which is a step drop off

but if the consequences are minor like getting bogged , low range with a nice steady pace is my preference , i know some like high range but personally ive never been stuck in low range , except that one time in the dam but i dont think that was ever getting through once i realised how deep it really was :) but ultimately it was a dodgy snorkel that stopped it , i think it ended up sucking in water which is why it stalled and died

also get a good set of tyres if you want to be going through any heavy mud , ive got coopers suretracks on mine and couldnt be happier with them , bit pricey but they bite in to the mud amazingly , it made my car handle some much better its like a different car

Last edited:
cofession time its not me , wouldnt own a cruiser in a fit, I have a patrol . and i didnt drive through that puddle . most of the time i decide if its

a necessary

b dangerous

c silly

and d depends on the sesible police ( screeming kids ) in the back seat

no it didnt float ,it is 4 tonnes

i didnt think the old landcruiser would float myself but with enough water it kinda did , not much just lifted the back end slightly sat back down pretty quick

like the sensible police comment , i try to police myself most of the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back