My picture made the local paper

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dadaman

Reaction score
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, Australia
Went up to the headland near Mona Vale Hospital last night as our wild Sydney storm passed out to sea and snapped 5 really good photos. This one made the Manly Daily today.

Attachments

• Out to Sea2.jpg
    Out to Sea2.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 483
Congrats Adam. Nice shot, too.

Went up to the headland near Mona Vale Hospital last night as our wild Sydney storm passed out to sea and snapped 5 really good photos. This one made the Manly Daily today.

thats gorgeous! i have always wanted to tske a pic of lightening.

Stunning pic Dadaman!

thats gorgeous! i have always wanted to tske a pic of lightening.

Years ago (I was about 14), I stayed out for about 3 hours in an awful storm and managed to get about 3 decent shots of fork lightning, one of them was bloody brilliant. The next day, our family went to the zoo and my stepdad deleted every single pic I took. I was so mad!!

nice photo

always gives a thrill when your photo gets printed in a paper huh

ive had two printed, one in the local paper and one in the Adelaide paper and had one used on the weather channel

The shutter couldn't have been open very long to have got that photo - so fantastic job!!!

What camera did you use? What was the settings?

We don't get enough thunder and lightning down here, we're in a bit of a rain shadow (only get around 600mm a year and it's all drizzle). But apparently I missed some fantastic nature shows up north. Oh well...

I notice there's a person in the picture as well - also taking photos of the storm? It looks like you might not be the only one who got this photo :)

I was in Newcastle a couple of years ago and wow! What a storm! All of a sudden came on, then hail, thunder, lightning, tent destroyed... But hey... What a storm :)

I bought a lightning trigger for my nikon last wet season but it took a couple of weeks to arrive from Turkey. Meanwhile the Wet season ended and we havent had a single storm since! GRRRRRRR

Great shot!

I bought a lightning trigger for my nikon last wet season but it took a couple of weeks to arrive from Turkey. Meanwhile the Wet season ended and we havent had a single storm since! GRRRRRRR

Great shot!

Won't be long now! We're already getting 30 second showers here in the middle of the day the last week or so. Not a cloud in site then belts down for 30 seconds and stops again. Crazy bloody weather. Oh and the damn sugar ants have come out of hiding again ugh! :evil:

Amazing photo! Definitely worthy of the paper. ;)

Last edited:
Years ago (I was about 14), I stayed out for about 3 hours in an awful storm and managed to get about 3 decent shots of fork lightning, one of them was bloody brilliant. The next day, our family went to the zoo and my stepdad deleted every single pic I took. I was so mad!!

Years ago (when I was 14), the only way that could have happened is if he had removed the back plate on the camera and pulled out the film :p

Would have been worth an uppercut either way :facepalm:

The shutter couldn't have been open very long to have got that photo - so fantastic job!!!

What camera did you use? What was the settings?

Canon 5D Mk3
24-105 L Lens
F 8
Exp 12 seconds
ISO 1000

- - - Updated - - -

This is another one from the same night. This one is getting printed on acrylic and going on my lounge room wall

Attachments

• Out to Sea4.jpg
    Out to Sea4.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 177
First one is great but you made the right choice for your wall; I think the second one is much better IMHO....much more moody.

Thats a great shoot. Well done. I love photography. I mainly shoot cars or animals though. Have a shoot to do this weekend with the Melbourne Super Car Club which Im looking forward too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back