Austin Stevens reptile videos

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Womagaunt

Reaction score
Hey all you reptile lovers!,
I have been watching these really cool and interesting videos about a guy called Austin Stevens who is a herpetologist going on a search to find diffrent species of snakes all around the world anyways just wanted to tell you guys about it if any of you are interested- Hope this interests you guys

Woma :)

Austin Stevens- In search of Desert Giants- Austin Stevens - In Search of Desert Giants (Full Documentary) HD - YouTube

Austin Stevens- In search of the King Cobra Austin Stevens - In Search of the King Cobra (Full Documentary) HD - YouTube

Austin Stevens- Rattlers of the WildWest Austin Stevens - Rattlers of the Wild West (Full Documentary) HD - YouTube
[h=1]
Austin Stevens- In search of the Green Anaconda Austin Stevens - In Search of the Giant Anaconda (Full Documentary) HD - YouTube

[/h]

OMG! Thank you so much! I remember seeing a doco with him a couple of years ago, he was in Australia looking at all the different snakes and Woma's! I forogt his name, and you reminded me! YESSSSSSS!!

OMG! Thank you so much! I remember seeing a doco with him a couple of years ago, he was in Australia looking at all the different snakes and Woma's! I forogt his name, and you reminded me! YESSSSSSS!!

Hhaah no prob, his videos are awesome!

Haha he's the fool who almost died a bunch of times, once when a giant retic decided he was on the menu, and another time when he thought it smart to dive into the water chasing a 15ft anaconda, hahahaha

austin stevens is awesome i like the seven deadly strikes video lol he gets bitten by an adder! and also a cobra!

I've always thought the shows were overdramatised for television and its always the last fifteen minutes when he finally finds his elusive reptiles :rolleyes: but if you've never seen them of foxtel a zillion times then they're ok to watch if you need a reptile fix

I like him and watch his shows, but in some parts he finds snakes in the most convenient places that it just must be a setup. In the episode when he is searching for a King Cobra and finds a Mangrove snake in the convenient hole that he ripped from a tree and fell to the ground where there was another convenient camera to catch the footage of him hitting the ground.

Example A: The green anaconda scene, editing between clear and murky water...

A large number of documentaries use captive animals and stage scenes, when you look objectively more so at how the scene was filmed rather than what is going on you pick up more and more.

There was an excellent documentary about how wildlife documentaries are filmed that aired in the late 90's to early 2000's that I have searched for frantically to rewatch but have had no success, this show detailed to what degree some wildlife scenes are staged. Nevertheless it is not a new or uncommon practice.

Example A: The green anaconda scene, editing between clear and murky water...

A large number of documentaries use captive animals and stage scenes, when you look objectively more so at how the scene was filmed rather than what is going on you pick up more and more.

There was an excellent documentary about how wildlife documentaries are filmed that aired in the late 90's to early 2000's that I have searched for frantically to rewatch but have had no success, this show detailed to what degree some wildlife scenes are staged. Nevertheless it is not a new or uncommon practice.

Oh man, would love to see that doco! Always wondered how they were filmed...Let me know if you find it! :)

Of cause some of it is set up and can be dramatic but that's what TV is.
The has just put a twist on the everyday old doco.
It's defiantly not a bad show and when it was on austar I went out of my way to watch them and I liked em all

Would be good to have more reptile shows.

I agree that his shows have a contrived feel to their production. However, I think it's more the film-making style that makes it seem fake, rather than Austin himself. I would hardly be surprised that captive animals are used, but that is standard for these types of films.

If you watch the brief special features interviews with Austin (I have the Snakemaster DVD), I think that gives a little insight into the philosophy behind how things were presented.

I do think he knows his stuff and I enjoy each show all the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back