Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought it would, if I had more room I would buy one and have it's final enclosure 10ftx6or7ftx5ft :)

Cool, just making sure. I might get some soon I have a spare enclosure sitting there.

Yeah, what he said!

Thanks David!
"She" is going really well! I haven't handled her much yet but she is getting used to me now, she takes mice right out of the tongs and doesn't run and hide every time I clean the enclosure now :D

Becoming much more confident now.

Attachments

• Sonny, again 002 [1600x1200].jpg
    Sonny, again 002 [1600x1200].jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 277
  • Sonny, again 003 [1600x1200].jpg
    Sonny, again 003 [1600x1200].jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 229
  • And again 003 [1600x1200].jpg
    And again 003 [1600x1200].jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 252
Great shots I_V! I love that little one.

One another note, my little panoptes just walked over my hand to feed (I won't do it regularly, I really don't want her associating my hand with food) which is a Massive step for her! She's also been letting me touch her feet with only a little hissing!

awesome Richard, how old is she?

8 months by my reckoning Chris. "She" eats like a male( everything, everytime) but can be very reclusive, like a female? I'm guessing female, however.

- - - Updated - - -

Great shots I_V! I love that little one.

One another note, my little panoptes just walked over my hand to feed (I won't do it regularly, I really don't want her associating my hand with food) which is a Massive step for her! She's also been letting me touch her feet with only a little hissing!

Any pics Flavi?

Last edited by a moderator:
8 months by my reckoning Chris. "She" eats like a male( everything, everytime) but can be very reclusive, like a female? I'm guessing female, however.

Nice. She looks a lot like my female, especially the head shape. Mine also eats very well, although not always immediately, but she isn't reclusive at all, quite happy to come up to me.

That lacy looks unreal Richard!

Nice gillens jay. How old are they?

Thanks mate, they are only about 8 months old. They have really grown over the last 2 weeks though (it looks like they are growing everyday!) as the weather in Melbourne is slowly warming up.

An updated photo of my little one :)

DSC_0127.jpg

Does anyone have any guesses as to what sex "she" is?

Does anyone have any guesses as to what sex "she" is?

I've found Panoptes to be really difficult to sex. I had 2 that acted like male/female (they even 'mated' last year) until a few months ago, they obviously both recently came into sexual maturity & both were definitely males. The one that I thought was female, due to a slightly smaller, thinner tail shape & head & was always submissive suddenly took over ownership of the enclosure & I had to separate them. Now I need a female.

Very nice Flavi:)! Loving the yellows, I'm sure they're much brighter in the flesh.

I've found Panoptes to be really difficult to sex. I had 2 that acted like male/female (they even 'mated' last year) until a few months ago, they obviously both recently came into sexual maturity & both were definitely males. The one that I thought was female, due to a slightly smaller, thinner tail shape & head & was always submissive suddenly took over ownership of the enclosure & I had to separate them. Now I need a female.

Thanks for the reply. That's a bummer :( Do you know what size you could accurately get them x-rayed?

Very nice Flavi:)! Loving the yellows, I'm sure they're much brighter in the flesh.

The yellow looks awesome under a mercury vapour globe Richard :)

Thanks for the reply. That's a bummer :( Do you know what size you could accurately get them x-rayed?

My remaining male (I sold one of them) is about 1200mm long, my vet told me once they reach sexual maturity, if that is true then I'm guessing about now. I was going to get them x-rayed but didn't need too.

Here's my young Sand monitor...

DSC_0479.jpg

DSC_0480.jpg

and here's one of my 'hopefully' gravid Black-headed monitors....

DSC_0481.jpg

Latest posts

Back