Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update of my shrimp tank
September20_zps567a301c.jpg

Just a update on my planted tank

Everything in my 2 foot has been moved into a 3 foot tank now

With 36w of hi power led's
The driftwood I had in my 4 foot toga tank(lights were over that tank untill I sold the fish and closed the tank)

Added babys tears and a few other plants added some extra fertz to my existing mts and capped with black gravel
This tank also runs a cascade 1200 with foam only

Using a cerges style do it yourself c02 reactor

Iv also added a 6kg c02 bottle and rwgulator with solenoid needle valve and buble counter attatched now

Im dosing a laid back ei style regime aswell

Added Congo tetras and some rummynose tetras and a handfull of cherry shrimp

Iv also bought a set of glass lilypipes but the inlet pipe broke in transit so when I get that sorted will stick that on there

Im also waiting on some more leds and a driver to up the lighting to 56watts of power

And waiting on drop checkers and more macro's then il turn the gas up and get the plants pumping ;)

uploadfromtaptalk1350057509597.jpg

Il post a more updated picture tomorow just realised I been taking pics with camera not my phone haha

Sent from my ST25a

Cathy might have something rong with it's swim blader, but if you have any other fish in the tank it might be worth takeing it out so they don't get sick to.

You can also try turning up the temp some deseases dont like it, and keep an eye on them maybe 28 deg c or even some times up to 30deg its worked for me in the past just have to be carefull

- - - Updated - - -

New setup for a frend.
DSCF3922.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

DSCF4102.jpg

Last edited:
hey theres something wrong with my angel fish its swelling up like an someone who is allergic to nuts just happened overnight

Cathy

Could be liver or kidney failure although usually its a bit slower in onset, not suddenly overnight. I personally don't like multicure while the fish is in the tank. I separate it out and dose the hospital tank (usually a plastic tub with an aerator) with whatever I think it needs. This way the other fish and the bacteria in the main tank's filter are not harmed/killed by the treatment. Most treatments are quite toxic so its better to be safe. I usually prefer melafix to the more toxic multicures as well but sometimes its not good enough on its own.

Also you should do a couple of decent sized water changes (approx. 50% every 2 days) on your main tank in case its an infectious agent (eg bacteria) so that you give your remaining fish good water quality and improve his chance of fending off any infection.

- - - Updated - - -

Not been in this thread in a while. Picked up an enormous Red Devil last week. Will have to put some photos up. He's sharing peacefully with my Giant Gourami in my (now heavily stocked) 6 foot tank. Was a bit iffy about putting him in but the previous owners reports on its temperament were good and I know my GG will tolerate virtually anything except Oscars. Wasn't sure how I was going to quickly separate two massive fish if it didn't work but thankfully it all went well.

Also bought 4 baby electric-blue Jack Dempseys to grow out now that I had a spare tank after I euthanised by brain damaged Jar. Doubled in size now and some nice colour starting to come out on them.

Promise to have some photos up by the end of the weekend.

I was IN an aquarium yesterday lol.

7ujyju6a.jpg

vuzure5e.jpg

2apujy6y.jpg

8ysenube.jpg

mydyje3a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back