New to Aussie Pythons! Bredli Enclosure Progression

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Klevo

Banned
Reaction score
Hi all!, I just recently joined up to Aussie Pythons and Snakes so I thought id post a thread on my enclosure progression. I am getting a Bredli in a few weeks so I am going to post pictures of my enclosure as I build it as it is not yet complete, well iv just begun :D As you can see so far I have just contructed the enclosure itself and bought all the supplies I will be needing for the time being. I found myself a big branch out the back and cut it down to size before sanding it down. I bolted the brance to the base of the enclosure to keep it stable. At the moment I am creating a styrofoam fake rock wall with a hide which I will post pics of soon. Thanks guys Keep me posted.

Klevo

Attachments

• 20121019_182713[1].jpg
    20121019_182713[1].jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 313
welcome mate, looks good so far, as long as ya havent sanded all the grip off the branch she looks a beauty.

Cheers mate, yeah it originally was a pretty rough branch but its still got plenty of grip left on her :)

as you are new here, i'd suggest searching a few things on the site,bredli are a great snake to star with, i have 2 of them, heat cord is a good one, they are from what i read an awesome heat source, i will be putting them into the next enclosures i build, and are you getting a hatchie or adult bredli? that enclosure is probably too big for a hatchie. also i'd probably put more areas up high for your snake to sit as they are arborial which means they spend most of their time in the trees and like to be up high, this is just my opinions mate dont take them as gospel....looks good so far

Thanks for the advice. The bredli is about 7 months old. Yeah I like the idea of the heat cord but iv already gone out and bought lamps! Haha maybe down the track. Im planning on making a subterranean hide with a tub underneath and maybe another hide attached to the cieling. So all up id have 3 hides. Aslo planning on making the enclosure slightly dense with scenery as hes only a little bugger and il open it up more as he grows.

Rock Wall complete, lights and fittings done, vents in place, finished the subterranean hide. Just need to wire it all up and add substrate with a water bowl. Its all coming along nicely
Thanks, KlevoView attachment 268526

Hey klevo pics don't work and I have a bredli and I have read and been told that while they are young they like belly heat its suppose to help with digestion I have a lamp aswell to get air temps right just my thoughts can't wait to see pics. Bredli's are the best great choice mate :D

Welcome to the family mate, even in a decent size click clack inside the enclosure for a while, when bigger just but a hold in the lid so it can feel secure for a while before removing it completely .....

Sorry about the faulty link guys! hopefully you can see the pic this time :)

Smileysnake- Thanks mate, yeah I was thinking about making the heat tile but do you think that having a heat light and a ceramic emmiter is too much with a tile or mat? Cheers :D

Damian83- Thanks for the feedback, Do you think I should do that straight away or wait to see if he is comfortable in the enclosure?

Attachments

• 20121022_204118.jpg
    20121022_204118.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 174
I have my coastals in click clacks on a heat cord inside, not out in the enclosures till they get bigger, maybe 6-9 months yet there only 8 months now. Plus I can keep a better eye on them and handle them more when there in the dining room not the man cave, them ill introduce them to the bigger enclosures

I have my coastals in click clacks on a heat cord inside, not out in the enclosures till they get bigger, maybe 6-9 months yet there only 8 months now. Plus I can keep a better eye on them and handle them more when there in the dining room not the man cave, them ill introduce them to the bigger enclosures

Thanks for the advice mate, il take that into account :)

Haha yeah I'm definitely liking that branch, it looks great. I'll have to try and find one similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back