Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hozy93

Reaction score
hey guys just wondering if people around the hunter area could keep an eye and an ear out for an olive python that was stolen from my house last sunday in the kurri kurri area shes about 3 years old round about 8 feet long and obviously who ever took it knew what they were looking for because they took nothing else any piece of information or people looking out for someone selling one unlicensed would me much appreciated every little bit helps

I live in KK and will most certainly keep my ears to the ground for you, @hozy93. I hope you have reported it to the police as well. Best wishes and good luck with the safe return of your snake.

anyfriends in the illegal drug area you know? maybe one of them will let it out that they have a new pet snake!!!always a thought?

anyfriends in the illegal drug area you know? maybe one of them will let it out that they have a new pet snake!!!always a thought?

ahh na not really but i do have alot of people keeping a look out hunter valley zoo petshops etc

worth a try even if you know someone who just gets a bag of green might happen to hear of it or see it
hope ya get it back

i hope you get it back, if i hear of anything as of a snake in that description for sale you will be the first to know, but chance's are next to 0 % as i'm new to the area ( rutherford ) and don't really know of anyone here who keeps reptiles , though it was not long ago some people were caught for stealing reptiles from hunter valley zoo. I have pretty good security and for good reason you just cant trust anyone these days. i hope you get the snake back in good health and the scum who is responsable gets a good flogging.
cheers steve

Just curious, how did you know it was stolen and didn't escape?
Hope you get him/her back though!

they broke my back door and took the log the snake was in aswell as leaving a pair of gloves next to my tank it was pretty obvious wierd thing is my keys to my car my wallet and phone were all there they only took my snake and none of the other reptiles there

Good luck and i hope you get her back. If i see or hear of anything i will let you know. Did you get the gloves looked at by police?

You need to look into whom has seen your collection? Contact police, put up missing posters at petshops radio etc more people whom know the more helpful information than again you may get alot of idiots that don't know from a lizard to a snake.
With any luck police can get a trace on prints from gloves or door!
Why can't people work for their money to get what they want instead of taking someone else's. There are a lot of low life's out there!
I wish you lots of luck and wishes in finding your family member.

hey guys just wondering if people around the hunter area could keep an eye and an ear out for an olive python that was stolen from my house last sunday in the kurri kurri area shes about 3 years old round about 8 feet long and obviously who ever took it knew what they were looking for because they took nothing else any piece of information or people looking out for someone selling one unlicensed would me much appreciated every little bit helps

check out with any rat breeders, food stockists petshops etc to see if any new people come in asking what to feed a big snake... Anyone Vague on details or looking for how to look after a new snake etc... Good luck mate, I hope you get it back... I lost my lace monitor to a scumbag thief.... Cops have not been able to find the person responsible.... Hope my tame lacie decides to tear them a new one.....

check out with any rat breeders, food stockists petshops etc to see if any new people come in asking what to feed a big snake... Anyone Vague on details or looking for how to look after a new snake etc... Good luck mate, I hope you get it back... I lost my lace monitor to a scumbag thief.... Cops have not been able to find the person responsible.... Hope my tame lacie decides to tear them a new one.....

You would hope if they were game enough to put their hands in an Olive's enclosure they would have some idea about snakes and what to feed them...

Sorry Hozy, am guessing your baby has been added to someone else's collection that couldn't do the right thing and buy one. I doubt you will see it again, unless someone boasts a new addition to their collection and it gets back to you :(

Wonder he they might come on here looking for help, new to that area? If so friend them and go over to help them and yoink ya got it back

they broke my back door and took the log the snake was in aswell as leaving a pair of gloves next to my tank it was pretty obvious wierd thing is my keys to my car my wallet and phone were all there they only took my snake and none of the other reptiles there

that's horrible :( well i really hope that something/somebody leads you to the culprit and you get it back safely. I don't know what kind of person steals animals. They aren't just objects that can be replaced! My snake is like family to me haha :)

You would hope if they were game enough to put their hands in an Olive's enclosure they would have some idea about snakes and what to feed them...

Sorry Hozy, am guessing your baby has been added to someone else's collection that couldn't do the right thing and buy one. I doubt you will see it again, unless someone boasts a new addition to their collection and it gets back to you :(

Morgan, you're probably right, but I have mates who'll grab a snake or goanna no matter how agro it is, but they have no idea what they eat or temps, humidity etc....
Brave, yes but not necessarily knowledgable

This sucks.... they must have REALLLY wanted that olive.

I'm afraid you will have to go into detective mode yourself as everyone has mentioned here. Doubtful cops will do anything.

I would definitely be thinking of people who have seen your collection as this seems very targeted. Anyone shown excessive interest in your olive? Its abit weird... olives aren't that expensive unless its a het albino or an actual albino. Makes me think someone wanted that particular snake and the person who stole it had seen it in the flesh and either stole it themselves or instructed some other halfwit lackey to steal it for them.

Hope whoever stole it gets bitten, then becomes infected, then lose their hand or something.

Im only new to Herps, but that really sucks man.
I aggree with treeofgreen tho. They must have seen your Olive to know what/who to target.
Im a crazy bug collecter and very selective who I show stuff too.
Im completely in love with my new Bredli and tho we havnt had him long, Id be gutted if somone nicked him.

I will keep an ear out, In sydney, but I know people far and wide.

Hope you see your Olive again.

This may just be something I've made up in my head from watching too many detective shows but If the gloves are newish I would look up the brand see which store sell them around you then ask to see video tapes from the times people purchased them... who know you might get really really lucky and spot someone you know :)

Just call me detective Gecko,

definatly someone you know took it or got a friend to take. or even a neighbour who knows you keep a snake ect. i hope they get what they deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back