i feel so lost, my dog is sick and the vets are not sure whats wrongs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so very sorry.
sending out some prayers

Aww Saint, I am so sorry to hear that :(
Such a stunning boy as well. My thoughts are with you all sweety <3

I know I live north of newcastle but if there is anything I can do, please dont hesitate to ask :(

image.jpg

I understand where u coming from I lost my red kelpie x red cattle dog her name Midge she only 9 about 4 Months ago died from flamed pancreatitis and cost me over a $1000 it not about money it's family i still miss her lucky I still got my other two but its not the same :( the photo is Midge at the right side we all never forget ours animals when it comes to this day without knowing what going to happen :( as we treasure ours hearts to love what they do to make us laugh sad and just been there

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that Chewy, I lost my 15yr old German Shepherd Female in July 2004, I grew up with her, she was 1 year older than me, I was devistated when she died, she was part of my family, basically my sister. And then in December 2005, 10 days before Christmas and 10 Days before his birthday, I lost my stunning Black Arabian Gelding, he was only 7 years old and passed away from salmonella :(
Fate? Really kicks you in the guts sometimes.

Sorry to hear that Chewy, I lost my 15yr old German Shepherd Female in July 2004, I grew up with her, she was 1 year older than me, I was devistated when she died, she was part of my family, basically my sister. And then in December 2005, 10 days before Christmas and 10 Days before his birthday, I lost my stunning Black Arabian Gelding, he was only 7 years old and passed away from salmonella :(
Fate? Really kicks you in the guts sometimes.

I have been same path as u but diff I remember I was only 6 got my first border collie red x blue she's only 6 too until I turn 16 she had bad stroke she couldn't walk half of her body so unfair but she lived to good age passed away in 1998 yeah it's does kick big time shame they don't live to our age :(

I'm so sorry for your loss. I still think about the ones I have lost... I hope to see them again at rainbow bridge.

Some of us are not very sentimental types but I remember my first dog I grew up with She had to be put down due to an illness she developed late in life. My parents still swear its the first time they saw me visibly upset because of a death and i reckon its because there's something about our pets that seem to affect us on a deeper level than we admit.

Im sorry to hear about Diesels death and although I'm just a name on the internet, know that my thoughts are with you in real life.

Sorry to hear that Sniper, I am not very sentimental at all either but when it comes to my animals then I become that way, my animals especially my reptiles are my family and to lose any of them would be like losing a human family member.

i think pets affect us on a deeper level because they are inoccent and we care for them and meet all their needs like they are own children.

i did not want to think about his passing for a few days, and asked people not to talk about him, but my 18 month old kept asking for him and calling his name out. she does not understand. she loves him and he loved her. she use to ride him like a horse around the house. they have been together since the day she was born, he would sneak into her room at night and sleep by her bed.

the reason they are so close and why i love him so much, was because wen she was 6 weeks old i was home invaded by 3 men who came to try and steal my black cockatoo and another talking bird i have, my partner had to fight them off and deisel looked at my screaming newborn and looked at my husband his owner, i grabbed my daughter and put her in the laundry away from these men deisel followed and stod over my baby and protected her he would have killed anyone who walk in there. he chose to protect my baby insted of his owner. for that i am thankful as these men pulled out weapons and stabbed a neighbour who came to help us. before my daughter was born he would have jumped in and bitten someone to protect my husband but wen my little girl was born he changed he chose her.

he was a gental giant and loved his cuddles but if someone tried to hurt his family he would attack, i always felt safe around him.

thanks for everyones support.

miss you big boy.

I just wanted to say that I'm really sorry that you're going through this, there are no words to ease the pain you must be feeling.

I'm going through a similar experience at the moment, on Monday I found my Maxxy collapsed in the backyard, the vets have tested for everything, shaved him (he's a border collie) to look for a tick and run every test under the sun and we still don't know what's happened to him. The only thing we've found is elevation myoglobin in his urine but that only lasted a day.

He came home on Friday afternoon as the vets have said he just needs nursing now, he can't walk, he can't sit and he can't stand and it's breaking my heart. He's not in pain and he still chews on a toy occasionally so he's still happy (given his condition), he's moving his legs again too which is promising. It's cost us $2300 so far but he's worth every cent and more.

I really feel for the shock of seeing an otherwise healthy pet get struck down with no explanation and it really sounds like your boy was a champion, in many ways Max has saved my life too and I'm terrified of losing him. I wont pretend to know how you feel because my boy is still here, but I can relate and I'm so sorry that you lost him.

I just wanted to say that I'm really sorry that you're going through this, there are no words to ease the pain you must be feeling.

I'm going through a similar experience at the moment, on Monday I found my Maxxy collapsed in the backyard, the vets have tested for everything, shaved him (he's a border collie) to look for a tick and run every test under the sun and we still don't know what's happened to him. The only thing we've found is elevation myoglobin in his urine but that only lasted a day.

He came home on Friday afternoon as the vets have said he just needs nursing now, he can't walk, he can't sit and he can't stand and it's breaking my heart. He's not in pain and he still chews on a toy occasionally so he's still happy (given his condition), he's moving his legs again too which is promising. It's cost us $2300 so far but he's worth every cent and more.

I really feel for the shock of seeing an otherwise healthy pet get struck down with no explanation and it really sounds like your boy was a champion, in many ways Max has saved my life too and I'm terrified of losing him. I wont pretend to know how you feel because my boy is still here, but I can relate and I'm so sorry that you lost him.
hey sara , thats terrible hope he pulls through for you

also good to see your still on the forum :) haven't seen you on here in a while

I'm sorry for your loss I have some understanding of the love you had for Diesel as part of your family,I have been through similar with a rottweiller and recently lost my gravid 6yo beardie as well and although not quite the same as a loyal dog still hurts

sounds like coonhound disease, if it is he will gain strength back soon most i have seen have been paralysed for abotu 14days before then regain strength.

to the OP
It is always sad losing your beloved pet, harder when you have exhausted treatment options and still dont know exactly whats happening. im sorry to hear it.
i would definitely check around for any cycads though every part of them are toxic to dogs and wipes out there livers.

thoughts are with you

my boy was the same he passed out, was in and out of consiousness could not walk or move, we thought it was heat stroke as he had just had a long walk and it was hot. next day he was vomiting and dyoriah with blood, he was trying to walk but was stumbling and falling. took him to the local vet they could not find any answers, asked another vet to help me. so i took him to a referal hospital in homebush and i payed for more blood/ urine tests. and they told me his liver had stoped working, toxins in his blood and his kidneys were failing and that he had less than a 2% chance of surving and that he would need a liver and probably a kidney transplant and that dogs who have had it done don't survive as much as humans do, he would also need meds for the rest of his life and his body may reject it. also they did not know if they would have a donor in the next 2 weeks. and they said it would cost $5,000 just for the weekend and $20,000 for 2 weeks thats without a transplant.

with a 2% chance or surving, making him wait to see if donor would be available in the next 2 weeks. i could not make him wait in pain and odds were against him. they recomended i put him down, vet told me she personally thought he would not live more than 2 days and he would be in pain towards the end. i could not make him suffer for my needs.

if he had a better chance at beating this and they thought he would make it i would of payed for it even if i had to sell my car, campervan and my motorbike or take a loan. but as i have always said money can not buy you happyness but diesel was my happiness.

i ended up spending paying $1,600 it was worth it to try and save him and i'd pay 100 times that if need be. he was my boy.

sorry about your boy, have they checked his liver? hope he gets better. let me know how he goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back