tonight on tonight....channel 7

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

damian83

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen the previews for tonight about more people having reptiles and blaming Steve irwin for people wanting snakes and crocs as pets ?

Yeah I've seen the previews for it. On Sunday night at 6:30pm. I really wonder what they'll even really say about Steve irwin ..

I never watch commercial channels like 7,9,10. they're just rubbish

I don't watch TV, weeeeeeeeeeee! Well... I watch SBS and ABC2 when i'm at work (haha) i get the news from JJJ and ABCFM when i'm in the car. Who needs TV, only makes me angry!

Has anyone seen the previews for tonight about more people having reptiles and blaming Steve irwin for people wanting snakes and crocs as pets ?

Love him or Hate him
Doesnt matter
But nobody has ever or will ever again influence so many kids regarding reptiles

Look at all the drop kick imitators out there
They wouldnt be copying every move he made if his shows were not the best

I love him. It's not his fault that he talked about animals (reptiles in particular) in such a good way. He's showing us they're not slimy dangerous things. People make their own choice as to whether they want one as a pet! he just displayed them in their true light. I think he was fantastic and love that his kids are following!
I watched the wildlife warrior thingo and saw his son running round the zoo chasing an EWD! and then riding his little dirtbike and chatting with the tortoises! so cool IMO!

wasnt he the one who was against people having pet reptiles?
will be interesting what nonsence they come up with tho!

The show is American based! And he'll let's be honest when they have a problem with anything it never their fault for being idiots. I have lived in 4 country's and had heaps of different pets. And never blamed anyone for it! It a shame how people attack other when they aren't around to defend themselves!

I've never seen his shows, and I would never watch something about reptiles on channel 7.
It'll show how americans are owning more aussie things than we are and crap on about that for around 20 minutes. Then it might show like 2 minutes of people who know what they're doing and end with more people who have no idea about keeping anything.

I've got two green tree frogs (about 3 years old now) and to be honest I only thought about keeping reptiles/amphibians when I couldn't get a dog and wanted something interesting to keep.

I freaking love my frogs!

Last edited:
what and leave the APS forum to watch it !!!!!!!!!!:twisted:

its not just people keeping reptiles, its people keeping dangerous animals in general, mainly in america, bears, lions, tigers and that stuff, i think they have just thrown steve irwin in to get people to watch it

Love him or Hate him
Doesnt matter
But nobody has ever or will ever again influence so many kids regarding reptiles

Look at all the drop kick imitators out there
They wouldnt be copying every move he made if his shows were not the best

What about Harry Butler and Malcolm Douglas??? And the other oldschool guys... They were around well before Steve Irwin... And they had a much bigger impact on me and my mates. Maybe the other "imitators" are actually copying Harry or Malcolm? Or a mix of both? But you'd never truly know that unless you asked them who they are copying... Just because Steve was the latest tragedy and he was at "his peak" when he met his demise, doesn't automatically mean everyone is copying him...

He's just as much of an imitator as most other of the newer dribble out there IMO. He just over-exaggerated his enthusiasm in his shows... That's about all that really separated him from the rest for me... Spoke over-excitedly like he was talking to Kindy-Grade 2 kids.

Steve didnt even want people/the general public to keep reptiles privately!

Last edited:
its not just people keeping reptiles, its people keeping dangerous animals in general, mainly in america, bears, lions, tigers and that stuff, i think they have just thrown steve irwin in to get people to watch it

Dead right BB, I reckon the mention of Stevo is just the sensational draw card to get people to watch more ads.... oh. and a show prolly full of dribble, as usual :rolleyes:

wasnt he the one who was against people having pet reptiles?
will be interesting what nonsence they come up with tho!

Yes he was against private keeping of reptiles
He actively fought against our hobby

But that has zero to do with how good a showman he was
Also has zero to do with how much influence he had still has on millions of kids

Personally I never liked his shows
But he did a tremendous amount of great work to change peoples attitude towards reptiles

Gotta love that

I bet Steve would be rolling over in his grave with the endangered and rare Rough Scale Python now being one of the most commonly kept snakes in captivity because of private keepers !
( private keepers 1 , conservation 0 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back