How long can I leave It!!?? PLEASE HELP!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whatmeworry

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Im about to go to Bali, and have to leave my nearly 2-year-old diamond x coastal carpet python behind for 3 weeks!!! I plan on feeding him about 3 weanlings before I leave and maybe 3 when I get back. Usually, I feed him 2 for a week. Will THIS CUT IT??? please Help Im worried!:?:?

No, it needs to be fed, cleaned and given fresh water. Ask your mum/dad/brother or friend or someone to watch it for you while your gone. What happens if your heating blows and burns the poor thing. I just wouldnt risk it. EVER!

Feeding is not a big deal. Six months without a feed is not a big deal for a snake, BUT he will need fresh water and make sure the heating is fine like Kimberley said, get a friend/ relative to keep an eye on that.

Best not to feed just before you leave, otherwise in 7 days or so you will end up with a big poo in the enclosure. I normally feed about 2 weeks out from a trip, that way I can clean any messes before I go.

ok thanks guys, heating is fine, I live in Australia......As for water, do I leave multiple bowls of water instead of 1. because i have no one who can look after him :(

It does not need to be fed or cleaned for 3 weeks. It will be fine! A big bowl of fresh water in the cool end of the enclosure will be fine too.

As stated above, the only concern is heating (thermostat blowout etc). This however is highly unlikely.

Whenever I go on holidays I leave my reptiles and they have never had issues.

What happens when water sits still for days on end? :rolleyes:
And living in Australia? What has that got to do with the welfare of the animal?

im not sure what happens tassie, but i havent a clue what to do. I live in Australia, so during summer it gets incredibly hot so I dont use a heat mat.

Ok so heating is fine.....it will be warm then anyway. Like Jay says, just put a nice big bowl of water in the cool end. Make sure the cage is not near any window while you are away. He will be fine then.

Try one of those water dishes that fill automatically. That way it will have fresh water the whole time.

Hey guys,
Im about to go to Bali, and have to leave my nearly 2-year-old diamond x coastal carpet python behind for 3 weeks!!! I plan on feeding him about 3 weanlings before I leave and maybe 3 when I get back. Usually, I feed him 2 for a week. Will THIS CUT IT??? please Help Im worried!:?:?

Depending where you live it may not be a problem at all. Get a friend to change the water, though three weeks with the same bowl wont kill it. Food is not a worry at all so put that out of your mind. If it doesn't get too cold where you live just turn the heat off before you leave.

Try one of those water dishes that fill automatically. That way it will have fresh water the whole time.

Omg - awesome idea! I am going to keep that one in mind for myself lol. Btw - The white and purple python in your pic - pls tell me that's not a real snake or I am going to have to extend my wish list.....

Year old thread I am sure the snake was fine, why was this thread dug up?

I'd say someone else is going on holidays and wanted ideas lol. Good to see the info is useful for a lot of keepers

Another way to keep water fresher is to drop a small airstone from an aquarium or bait pump into it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back