Girl missing, feared taken by croc in NT

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's never been a croc seen in that creek. People have swum there for generations.
Bloody tragic. That croc you like so much is dead and gutted to get that poor kid out. DKhead
so if you cant see them then their not there? i know that i wouldnt be trying my luck or my kids by swimming in any creek or water hole up there. like you i have my thoughts as to who the DKhead is. could be said that you need to be a DKhead to swim in a creek up there. if DKheads spend alittle more time thinking about what if, a little girl would still be alive as would the croc

I see that human remains have been found inside the crocodile well this is really sad but Iam not shocked by it what get's me is that her parents let her go by thier and did not say anything to her that get's too me. :(

It is bad!.... where were her parents? surely they should have realised there were crocks?? And now they want to catch the crock and 'see if it ate her' :rolleyes: What if they gut the wrong crock? the next.... the next.... Sad for the girl, sad for the crock(s) it is thier home..... people should respect that! :(

Edit: Every time I have seen any programs on tv or movies about north aussie, there are signs everywhere saying 'no swimming.... crocks'..... they even have picture signs so tourists can read the sign if they dont speak english? How could the parents have been so careless?

Awful.....:(

Last edited:
See that is the thing people do not have any respect for wild and dangerous animals and they wonder why thier love ones or they get attack or even killed and there are signs everywhere then the parents should know better I can see if there was no signs. The parents are very careless and now they are going live with this for the rest of there lives sorry too say but I hope that they have learn a lesson.

If it was remote TO land, there probably wouldn't be any signs.
Its a tragedy for both species, but a scenario that has been played out for thousands of years.This seems like a fatal mistake maybe due to complacency.
When you see so many people blatantly ignoring the real possibility of crocs, it makes it worse when it happens like this.
They are there and they do eat people. It should be a lesson to EVERYONE who goes into crocodile country. You will not see them coming if they want to eat you.

IMO it is a case of 2 very avoidable and unreasonable deaths of which 1 stupid action caused the death of 2 innocent lives.

salt water crocs will live in fresh water just as easily as freshies, we have a 2.4 meter salty livin in our dam at work and it is %100 fresh water, he feeds on fish and ducks,and big magpie geese, safest place to swim is in the mountains.

That was my point...

Extremely sad terrible tragedy, however they should be well aware of the risks and if knowing those risks still choose to interact with nature (as they have done for thousands of years) then they must accept themselves as potentially part of the natural food chain.

They are extremely aware of the croc risks.

I was recently at Emu Springs in central Arnhem Land where a 3 meter salty had turned up in a creek which had never had salties (and this is a LONG history). As the croc population expands so does the range. I was at Numbulwar last week when a 4+ meter salty was shot after stalking the kids having a dip in front of town.
Countrymen know all about crocs. This is the tropics and it is hot as hell at the moment. People will get in the water (self included) you just minimise the risk as much as possible.

There will always be fatalities, it will always be tragic but to suggest these guys are irresponsible for letting their kids swim in safe spots is ludicrous.

If nothing else the crocs filter out the chicken poo Mexicans so we can get on with doing the do Top End style.

To those who are blaming the parents

What will you say if a shark has a munch at Bondi Beach??

Since hunting stopped crocs have slowly increased in numbers
But its ex-potential growth
So now their numbers are literally exploding
In areas where no croc has been seen in living memory crocs are turning up
So to blame parents for allowing kids to swim in an area where no one has ever seen a croc before
is no way bad parenting
Its bad luck and bad wildlife management that caused this

They are extremely aware of the croc risks.

If nothing else the crocs filter out the chicken poo Mexicans so we can get on with doing the do Top End style.

Then why is it that mainly the blackfellars/locals get taken?

Matter of logic. More of us are swimming in those areas than tourists because according to history, they are "safe" areas and are secreted away from the tourists for good reason.

Just because no one has drowned in an area doesn't mean it can't happen. Same goes for crocs on water locations, just because they have not been seen yet does not mean they won't pitch up later.

Last edited:

Who says more blackfellas get taken? Young white girl got taken coupla years ago. Same
thing family/ locals been swimming in that area for years.

Who says more blackfellas get taken? Young white girl got taken coupla years ago. Same
thing family/ locals been swimming in that area for years.

There ya go...local.
I've looked at croc attacks recently because I have been checking up on a few things I have been told lately. From talking to people who are experts on the animals too, one a TO ranger at Pajinka, who claims to have 'raised' a 19-20foot wild croc over the last 15 years (its older than 15yrs) and which lives on a island only visited by TO's.And after spending a couple of days with Rob Bredl learning from him.
Croc attacks can be hard to check because how many go unreported? These would mainly be attacks on TO's. But out of 39 since the late 80's that I have looked at the majority of the attacks have been on locals, either black or white.
The Pajinka ranger claims that the crocs know the blackfellers and won't attack them, they know if they get a bit naughty they will get speared or shot, so they leave the TO's alone. I am not convinced, and though we had a good yarn with many laughs and some serious bits too, I reckon he was pushing it a bit for the white tourists sake.

I have to ask does anyone on here have a age on this girl? how old is she? because if she is like I say 12 years old or maybe 11 years old she should know better and she should know that crocs are very dangerous and should know what warning signs are.

11 years old? see she should know better then to go too a waterhole that has crocs in the water at 11 I knew that better in a lot of things and would know even more better that if I see a warning singn to never go pass that point. I can see she was at the ages of 1 too 8 then I would say she did not know any better but too find out that she is 11 sorry but she should have stay clear from that waterhole IMO.

11 years old? see she should know better then to go too a waterhole that has crocs in the water at 11 I knew that better in a lot of things and would know even more better that if I see a warning singn to never go pass that point. I can see she was at the ages of 1 too 8 then I would say she did not know any better but too find out that she is 11 sorry but she should have stay clear from that waterhole IMO.

She was seven and had probably been swimming in there her whole life.There are no warning signs where she lives. You need to inderstand that she didn't live in your world with traffic lights and warning signs.

Your opinion is ill informed and nasty

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back