Brown Tree Snake sex?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GeckoJosh

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Any think they can sex this one for me?

a.jpg

b.jpg

Tail taper and general shape are very similiar to my male as my females tail is shorter and "stubbier" if that make sense. Any change of a photo from another angle?

I cant say its a definete, but I have a 50/50 chance of being right.

Thanks SC, I will try and get a shot later.
I have tried to "pop" this one a few times with no luck.

No worries, I'll try get a pic of my males tail tonight for comparison as well.

Ok thanks, try and take one the same angle that you would like one of me so I know what you want.

Sorry it took a bit, been caught up. As you can see, the Males tail is more slender and longer whereas the Femails tail is "fatter" and shorter. Both snakes are within 7cms of each other in length but there is a definite difference in tail shape and length regardless (In my Opinion.)

I cant say yours is a male for certain by any standards and can only go off photos you have provided. Your best bet is, as always, having it probed by a Reptile vet, but I hope this may help in some way, shape or form.

IMG_0366.jpgFemale.jpg

Tail taper and general shape are very similiar to my male as my females tail is shorter and "stubbier" if that make sense. Any change of a photo from another angle?

I cant say its a definete, but I have a 50/50 chance of being right.

You were on the money, I had him probed yesterday to a depth of 12 scales

You were on the money, I had him probed yesterday to a depth of 12 scales

Thanks for letting me know Josh. I know its still not a definite in some circumstances, but its good to see the "general idea" came into play this time round.

Thanks for letting me know Josh. I know its still not a definite in some circumstances, but its good to see the "general idea" came into play this time round.
Ya ya ya ill give that to you. My point was its not that easy to tell all the time. There are many species where you can get a good idea of there sex based off of tail taper, it just doesn't apply to all snakes. And even then it's hard. Good eye by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back