Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mulga
DSC_0604-1.jpg

DSC_0538.jpg

DSC_0811.jpg

DSC_0397.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

This is my adult female Tasmanian tiger. She had a few health issues when I first purchased her, but with some nursing and treatment here and there she's finally come good. She sloughed over the weekend and her weight is up after a bit of winter fasting. Also she's gone from a flighty piece of work to a well balanced animal that handles well enough to be given some "yard time" :D (as opposed to my adult red belly who wants to fly under the neighbors fence and terrorize their kids :lol:)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Tasmanian tiger girl.jpg
    Tasmanian tiger girl.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 1,234
This thread is making my mouth water! Some stunning snakes on here.

I really want to get RBBS or a Tiger Snake.

Not commonly bred in Europe though, the RBBS are around $6100 a pair. Might have to rob a bank!!

A few ordinary pics of an EB from a relocation. Ordinary pics, but not an ordinary snake IMO.

Attachments

• 003 [1600x1200].jpg
    003 [1600x1200].jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 167
  • 004 [1600x1200].jpg
    004 [1600x1200].jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 136
Thanks Scott,

Another crap day, so I thought I'd give the relocation another feed and release tommorrow.

Attachments

• texty feed 001 [1600x1200].jpg
    texty feed 001 [1600x1200].jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 106
  • texty feed 002 [1600x1200].jpg
    texty feed 002 [1600x1200].jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 96
  • texty feed 004 [1600x1200].jpg
    texty feed 004 [1600x1200].jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 100
Crappy photo as all I had was an old phone but this little chap came visiting last night. Nothing gets the blood pumping quite like having a beer, talking rubbish and a death adder appearing two feet away. Needless to say we let him be where he made his own way to the front yard where he will only endanger the neighbors chickens...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 187
Looks like your xmas stocking's full this year SC:).

A few more of the Brownie from a friend. I really need some trap boxes!

Attachments

• Ruth's pics 003 [1600x1200].jpg
    Ruth's pics 003 [1600x1200].jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 196
  • Ruth's pics 004 [1600x1200].jpg
    Ruth's pics 004 [1600x1200].jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 195
That is an insane Tai you have there, Pseudo.

A couple of fresh pics of some more albino adders.
Slider1.jpg

Blue1.jpg

A9-2.jpg

K3-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This young copperhead was delivered to my place after a Hastings couple caught just before their toddler picked it up.
Instead of killing it they wrangled into a container and were actually very worried about its welfare.
Wish more people thought like these guys

Attachments

• chead.jpg
    chead.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 161
This young copperhead was delivered to my place after a Hastings couple caught just before their toddler picked it up.
Instead of killing it they wrangled into a container and were actually very worried about its welfare.
Wish more people thought like these guys

How often do people come into contact with venomous snakes in Aus? Is it more common in certain locations?

I guess as a parent in Australia you have to keep a n even closer eye on young children than usual.

As a parent, you have to watch your kids at the best of times but when around long grass and scrub in the Summer, you would be negligent to let a child under 6 out of your sight.
Kids can be taught what to do when they see a snake and this education is as important as making sure your kid has shoes and long pants when in snake friendly areas.
Where i live, copperheads and tigersnakes are commonly found in long grass and near water and a bite from one of these guys can potentially be tragic.
Fortunatly, kids have good eyes and reflexes and are usually able to avoid snakes if they see them first.
I was one of those weird kids that would always catch them,take them home and put them in a tank in my bedroom.

As a parent, you have to watch your kids at the best of times but when around long grass and scrub in the Summer, you would be negligent to let a child under 6 out of your sight.
Kids can be taught what to do when they see a snake and this education is as important as making sure your kid has shoes and long pants when in snake friendly areas.
Where i live, copperheads and tigersnakes are commonly found in long grass and near water and a bite from one of these guys can potentially be tragic.
Fortunatly, kids have good eyes and reflexes and are usually able to avoid snakes if they see them first.
I was one of those weird kids that would always catch them,take them home and put them in a tank in my bedroom.

By weird I assume you mean normal (non snake keepers are weird!!).

Would've loved to have grown up in a reptile rich country like Australia. Never seen anything in England, unless we are purposely looking for adders. They very rarely come into contact with people.

Couple of tigers from last season around 20months of age. Their 1st taste of the pit. Done a couple of laps around the pit & then hid for the rest of the day.
bth_November25th201229.jpg
bth_November25th201227.jpg
bth_PB250291.jpg

Not your best pic, Shane-o, but she's a cracker mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back