Silver Peppered MDs...!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
6 of 8 and it's recessive? What were the parents? 6 of 8 seems like you're breeding two hets and it's dominant.

6 of 8 and it's recessive? What were the parents? 6 of 8 seems like you're breeding two hets and it's dominant.

Daz can confirm this when/if he comes on here again but from my conversations with him I'm pretty sure it was a het to a homo so the expected ratio would be 4/8. 6/8 is close enough to call it half-half. It's probability not guaranteed results

True, close enough. I suppose more breeding will need to be done before it's really known.

Congrats once again mate. Great to see the wait pay off.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats once again mate. Great to see the wait pay off.

- - - Updated - - -

The parents were a HET male and a SP (homozygous) female.

Great results to prove it out.

True, close enough. I suppose more breeding will need to be done before it's really known.

True and it will eventually be confirmed once I can breed two silver peppers together. There is a chance that it may be a dominant trait, but based on this clutch and the original clutch, the odds would be rediculously high. The original clutch was 13 babies from 14 eggs, 3 off which were mutations, the rest were normal. So this would point to a recessive trait. The chances of getting a random mutation are extremely high, let alone getting 3. Based on this, you would assume that both parents are hets. Time will tell and we will have to wait a few more years to prove them out 100%.

Daz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back