Found this skink, please id

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Albino93

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Found this little guy in the laundry, pretty certain its a yellow bellied water skink but not 100% sure, i didnt get a chance to see the belly tho. It was found in medowie, NSW. As a guess its snout to vent length was around 10ish cm, very cute little fella. :)

View attachment 272070View attachment 272071

It looks like a Eastern Water Skink (Eulamprus quoyii) to me the yellow dorsolateral stripe that starts from just in front of the eye and extends to the mid body (on this specimen) is a characteristic that heatwolei doesn't possess.

Last edited:
I agree with vicherps, it does look like a Eastern Water Skink

The yellow dorsolateral stripe that starts from just in front of the eye and extends to the mid body (on this specimen) is a characteristic that heatwolei doesn't possess.

Oh okay, thanks.
Yeh we usually find them hiding under abit of broken fence laying flat on the ground behind the shed. Alot of spiders too :/
At home i only ever find little garden skinks and the odd bluetongue, its nice to find something a little different. :)

Last edited:
We really need ianofoz to identify this one ;)

The laughter, it is too much.

Yeah it's definitely an Eastern Water, p.s. you won't find a heatwolei at Medowie or really anywhere near that area. Gotta go either down closer to Sydney or at higher altitude in Gloucester (and north of)

DSC_0023-3.jpg

DSC_0065-4.jpg

DSC_0016-3.jpg

DSC_0037-2.jpg

Can someone fill me in, who's ianofoz?
JasonL, they are some good shots. Where were u when u found them?
Thanks all for ur input. :)

Can someone fill me in, who's ianofoz?
JasonL, they are some good shots. Where were u when u found them?
Thanks all for ur input. :)

hahaha he who befriends wild skinks and keeps them like pets. search him. some of his threads were good until he became the lizard guru...

- - - Updated - - -

his name is actually ianinoz if you want to search him.

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/general-reptile-discussion-42/lizards-dream-asleep-brumation-165035/

First thread I read. Pmsl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back