Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

motman440

Reaction score
Hello fellow enthusiast,

I am coming to the end of my uni degree (Animal Science) and have decided even if I can only find a job waiting tables (which I'm am damn good at) or labouring, that I will be in need of a reptile room.

A room solely dedicated to pythons. I currently have said room (second spare bedroom) and the plan is to; A. Deck it out with a good looking enclosure setup, B. Set up my study in the corner, & C. Fill it up with my favourites of the species (typically normal type morelia)

I want it to be visually appealing to walk around but I also need practicality.

So I guess what I'm asking is who has these dedicated rooms, what works and what doesn't work.

Photo's of said rooms would be brilliant.

Kind regards,

Thom
An avid fan.

Last edited:
come on guys someone has to have a few pics of there hero rooms/garages =]

We have built a reptile room downstairs because our collection got to big upstairs! Nothing special but we love itPB121429.jpg

PB121427.jpg

A lot of the big breeders would have the rooms it's just a matter of them wanting to post them or not....

Not mine but belongs to one of mate's in America. It's his "Man Cave" lol. It's a really nice set up though. Surrounded by snakes and a huge plasma, what's not to love?

Attachments

• IMG_1138[1].jpg
    IMG_1138[1].jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 1,460
Not mine but belongs to one of mate's in America. It's his "Man Cave" lol. It's a really nice set up though. Surrounded by snakes and a huge plasma, what's not to love?

That's awesome. Are they PVC cages? I wish australia would catch up to the yanks, PVC ones seem to be pretty new here and we don't have much choice. I'm forever drooling over some of the ones available there.

That's awesome. Are they PVC cages? I wish australia would catch up to the yanks, PVC ones seem to be pretty new here and we don't have much choice. I'm forever drooling over some of the ones available there.

They are PVC cages, they are made by Plastic Reptile Cages, Tanks and Racks. Snake, arboreal, lizard and turtle light weight custom flexwatt heated enclosures.. We do have a huge variety of PVC cage manufactures to chose from. There are company's that build them ready to go with heat lights and thermostats. There are also company's that have precut kits that you can build yourself which is cheap. As far as quality goes, I checked out a sponsor and as far as I can tell they are great quality. But you can only tell so much from a picture.

They are Boaphile cages.....that's all I know!!!!

Seeing this thread has got me all excited about building a herp room in half of my shed, I was outside last night at all hours with the tape measure working out how I can build the room and still be able to store some of my bikes in the other half of the shed. So far the plans i have been working on equate to a fully self contained herp room that is 7200mm long 2400mm wide and 2400mm high (internal measurements) . It will include a water monitor/dragon enclosure measuring 2400/1600/1800 incorporating fully plumbed(for ease of cleaning and refilling) pond and water fall with climbing wall. It will also include one complete wall of stackable enclosures ranging from 1200/600/600 through to 2400/1200/600. There will be a fridge/freezer for important stuff like beer ( oh yeah rats too ), a plumbed sink for washing and filling water bowls, a reverse cycle split system to help maintain a stable temp all year round and a nice electric Jason recliner for my comfort.
All this will still leave room for future fridge sized incubator and a hatchie rack. And today I have managed to convince the wife of all the extra space she will have in the house without all these oddball enclosures we seem to be accumilating everywhere.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back