Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nellynake

Reaction score
Could someone please tell me what the right price is for a breeding pair of either tanami woma's, gammon ranges, BHP or roughies?

I would also like to know where is the best place to buy roughies and gammon ranges.

Thanks,
Nelly

i think it depends on how attractive the specimens are as well as if they're a proven pair or if they're just a M/F pair as well..

The only right price is the one your happy to pay....!!!

Yeah I understand it's what I would pay but I haven't been into snakes for a very long time. I have 2 snakes already but they have nothing to do with the names I have suggested. I want to know what you would pay for a regular proven pair. Also would there be much price change from a m/f pair compared to a proven pair?

Thanks,
Nelly

What Hugsta said. As it happens, I saw a Tanami pair advertised for $500 yesterday.

Breeders will try to sell proven pairs at a higher price because they have produced good fertile clutches before and have a high likeliness to again, where as a m/f pair have never been bred and the cannot guarantee that they will breed together or you will get a fertile clutch of eggs. I say it would only be a $100-$200 difference depending on the species it could be more

I have seen roughies go for $1000+ per pair.
Tanami womas I have seen pairs ranging from 450-1200
BHP from 1000-5000(Depending on forms such as gold chins, etc)
It depends on the quality of the animals, colours, patterning, etc. and how reliable the breede/owner is.

I would say proven breeder pair would be the go because you no they have been bred before with others like just M/f you might not no if they are cable to breed.
For a proven breeding pair of woma's i would pay max $1000 because just think if you get 5 eggs in one clutch and you can sell them for $300 each you have got the money back you spent on the pair with another $500 on top of that :)

Caleb.

plain woma pair from $500 up. Real Gammon Ranges carpet, I would pay $400 up for the right animal but $200 for an average MD. BHP, same as womas and Roughies go from $450 up. This just my opinion.

I would say proven breeder pair would be the go because you no they have been bred before with others like just M/f you might not no if they are cable to breed.
For a proven breeding pair of woma's i would pay max $1000 because just think if you get 5 eggs in one clutch and you can sell them for $300 each you have got the money back you spent on the pair with another $500 on top of that :)

Caleb.

This guy knows what he is talking about! :)

woma pairs are usually about $600 :) could find a cheap pair around $500 if your lucky also depends on the species e.g tanami

BHP's - pair anywhere from 500-1200, proven pairs - anywhere from 1000-2000 easily...

What Hugsta said. As it happens, I saw a Tanami pair advertised for $500 yesterday.
Same, I called up but they were already gone unfortunately. he was in the blue mountains anyway.

Thanks,
Nelly

- - - Updated - - -

would you say $800 for a tanami proven pair is worth it? plus fuel to get there? I might have found a good pair.

Thanks,
Nelly

Breeders will try to sell proven pairs at a higher price because they have produced good fertile clutches before and have a high likeliness to again, where as a m/f pair have never been bred and the cannot guarantee that they will breed together or you will get a fertile clutch of eggs. I say it would only be a $100-$200 difference depending on the species it could be more

I have seen roughies go for $1000+ per pair.
Tanami womas I have seen pairs ranging from 450-1200
BHP from 1000-5000(Depending on forms such as gold chins, etc)It depends on the quality of the animals, colours, patterning, etc. and how reliable the breede/owner is.

depending on where you go you can get original wild caught thats on licence for much cheaper then captive bred, I got 2 female Katherine specimens for $360 each and there proven breeders bred 2 years each for reedy's reptiles before I bought them. I looked for 3 years before buying girls that where to my standed. clean patterned animals. keep your eye's open and dont inpulse buy and you'll find some stunning animals that would be work breeding.

would you say $800 for a tanami proven pair is worth it? plus fuel to get there? I might have found a good pair.

Well like has already been said, they're worth whatever YOU'RE willing to pay for them.

Look at it this way: If all goes well for you next season and you manage to offload a few hatchies then you're likely to get your $800 back and then some !

I dont really see how there can be too much of a price range for the roughies seeing as they came from the same small group of animals i dont see there being too much variance in them. Correct me if im wrong?

Could someone please tell me what the right price is for a breeding pair of either tanami woma's, gammon ranges, BHP or roughies?

I would also like to know where is the best place to buy roughies and gammon ranges.

Thanks,
Nelly

The 'right price' is the one your happy to pay...:)

Defiantly mate, $800 for a proven breeding pair go for it if you have the money as i said before and others did mention it two if you get a good sized clutch off eggs in the next season you will get the money back that you payed for the pair and probably more on top of that :)

Caleb.

I dont really see how there can be too much of a price range for the roughies seeing as they came from the same small group of animals i dont see there being too much variance in them. Correct me if im wrong?

Male, female, age etc

If you base buying prices on what potential earnings you could make is not a great way to go about it as first you need to recreate a perfect breeding environment then get lucky and they mate at the correct time and then she hopefully becomes gravid.

I believe the animals you were ringing about in the mountains were Nev Burns animals and i would imagine they would have been some great specimens.

If i had what i thought was a strange or fantastically good looking animal i can ask what i want for it wether or not someone will pay it is another thing.

If your happy paying 2K for a childrens python because you think it's worth it well it does not matter what anyone on this forum thinks.

Buy what you want to buy and buy species you are interested in.

- - - Updated - - -

Defiantly mate, $800 for a proven breeding pair go for it if you have the money as i said before and others did mention it two if you get a good sized clutch off eggs in the next season you will get the money back that you payed for the pair and probably more on top of that :)

Caleb.

Definitely listen to this as your guaranteed to breed anything you buy if what Caleb says is right next season. And how does someone prove that they are a breeding pair? give you there word? Unless buying off someone you fully respect and trust you will never ever know if they have been bred before.

Check the animals out and if they are healthy and lively go for it. Don't just go off the opinion of this site

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back